Just got my full m

Thread: Just got my full m

Just got my full m

Forum Sponsor
    Didn't know where to put this. Got my full m today. So stoked did a 300km ride today to celebrate. Woo!
    Old bike. 1990 Suzuki Katana 600, tinted windscreen,fender eliminator, and tons of new parts
    New bike 2009 Yamaha FZ6R, puig tinted winscreen, motodynamics rear smoked led tail light. proton flush mount signals, Hid headlight, shogun frame sliders, fender eliminator, black levers, handgrips, reflective blue rim tape

Re: Just got my full m

Quote Originally Posted by fz6rguy View Post
    Didn't know where to put this. Got my full m today. So stoked did a 300km ride today to celebrate. Woo!

Congrats on the M! Today would have been great for a nice long ride.

Quote Originally Posted by SVeezy View Post
    Congrats on the M! Today would have been great for a nice long ride.
    Beautiful day to ride. Enjoyed every minute
    Old bike. 1990 Suzuki Katana 600, tinted windscreen,fender eliminator, and tons of new parts
    New bike 2009 Yamaha FZ6R, puig tinted winscreen, motodynamics rear smoked led tail light. proton flush mount signals, Hid headlight, shogun frame sliders, fender eliminator, black levers, handgrips, reflective blue rim tape

Congratulations! Ride safe.

Congrats planning on doing mine this summer. What do they ask you to do specifically and what are they watching for?

Congrats. I remember when I first got mine. How many points did you get deducted overall?

Quote Originally Posted by JP0160 View Post
    Congrats planning on doing mine this summer. What do they ask you to do specifically and what are they watching for?
    Exact same as the G test (if you've done it), lane positioning, watching for engaged brake light at stops/slowing down.
    2007 Black CBR125 - SOLD!

Grey Ninja 300 SE Abs -

Layer up for when you lay'er down.

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    Exact same as the G test (if you've done it), lane positioning, watching for engaged brake light at stops/slowing down.
    Dam looks like I'll fail my parallel park again :P sounds like it should be a breeze.

It's not too bad, they look for head movement and lane position. Lane changing and merging on the hwy.I thought I had lots of head movement and I still got a deduction for it lol. Got one for my emergency stop as well. Pulled over with my signal, got off the bike and didn't think. Shut the bike down and removed the key. When I shut the bike down my signal wasn't on so that cost me. Oh well, in the end I got the pass and that's what I was hoping for.

Congratulations brother.

Thank you all. Looking forward to a nice ride into work tomorrow

Congrats

Any affect on your insurance premiums?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Awwww it feels nice to have your full M.... you feel like a man. I got mine 8 years ago, it took a weight off my shoulders.

I know the proper protocol for using the riding gear but MTO says you only need a bike & helmet for the M exam. Is this true?

I always thought that you needed the riding gear regardless but MTO site does not show anything otherwise.

only gear required under HTA is an approved helmet

would suggest it's not a good idea to show up for your road test in shorts and sandals tho

congrats and what a nice to do it. Does who haven't gotten around to getting their M, do it
    you only live twice

Quote Originally Posted by passionrider View Post
    I know the proper protocol for using the riding gear but MTO says you only need a bike & helmet for the M exam. Is this true?

I always thought that you needed the riding gear regardless but MTO site does not show anything otherwise.
    If you do the M2X course at an approved school/facility they may insist you have full gear -- helmet, jacket, gloves, boots etc -- to enroll in their course.

If you walk into the Drive Test centre, I guess they only care about your helmet.
    2011 Yamaha FZS800
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

Quote Originally Posted by JavaFan View Post
    only gear required under HTA is an approved helmet

would suggest it's not a good idea to show up for your road test in shorts and sandals tho
    Ohh yeah, I totally agree with you. I was also looking to get my M and going to look for dates today to see what is available nearby/far when I came across it.

To be honest, I am a little happy that MTO does not care about riding gear except helmet. One less technicality for me to worry about.

OP --> Do you remember the pre-check instructions that they made you do before the exam?