Mosport - Sprocket Setup | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mosport - Sprocket Setup

Ivano

Hi everyone, I'm pumped about Mosport this coming weekend with DOCC, but was concerned about my recent sprocket change over the winter break. I've switched to a -1F+2R configuration, which I understand is the common track day set up. I wanted to ask if this has given anyone an issue when trying to top out up the back straight at Mosport's GP track. I'm on a 2001 GSXR600. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, I'm pumped about Mosport this coming weekend with DOCC, but was concerned about my recent sprocket change over the winter break. I've switched to a -1F+2R configuration, which I understand is the common track day set up. I wanted to ask if this has given anyone an issue when trying to top out up the back straight at Mosport's GP track. I'm on a 2001 GSXR600. Any input is greatly appreciated.

You should be ok with that. It will all depend on how good of a drive you get coming out of Moss's I think that is what we ended up with last year on the exact same bike.

I'm going to bet that the speed difference between those sprockets won't make a difference on the speed you're able to make the turn the end of that straight.

No experience with that particular bike, but generally stock gearing isn't a bad starting point for Mosport because of the long straightaway.

Back
Top Bottom