Bomb in Manchester UK | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bomb in Manchester UK

Nope. You think you just wave a passport and they let you in without any vetting at all? Try it....you have a commonwealth passport, that should be a magic ticket right? Wave a Syrian passport at Heathrow and you'll be spending some quality time in a room with some nice people answering some questions.

That's not how it currently works. If you come by train, or bus, or boat from continental Europe you don't show your passport to anyone. There isn't anyone there to check your passport. Once you're in Europe, you have a free pass to Great Britain. This is how Brexit came about.

I have landed in Paris, passed through customs and immigration without so much as anyone looking up from their desk. Then to Belgium, back to France, then to England, then Scotland, then Ireland and back to Canada. Entering Canada they checked my passport. I had not a single stamp from my excursion.

That's not how it currently works. If you come by train, or bus, or boat from continental Europe you don't show your passport to anyone. There isn't anyone there to check your passport. Once you're in Europe, you have a free pass to Great Britain. This is how Brexit came about.

I have landed in Paris, passed through customs and immigration without so much as anyone looking up from their desk. Then to Belgium, back to France, then to England, then Scotland, then Ireland and back to Canada. Entering Canada they checked my passport. I had not a single stamp from my excursion.

Nobody looked up from their desk in Paris as your passport scan didn't set off any alarm bells. I take it you don't have a criminal record?

You know that the majority of those radicalized are actually UK citizens right?

We're talking clash of cultures, you're talking individuals. These people don't get to kaboom all by themselves.

Nobody looked up from their desk in Paris as your passport scan didn't set off any alarm bells. I take it you don't have a criminal record?

Forest for the trees man. Point being made was, once landed in Europe, you can get to where ever you please. Try walking across the border instead of flying in.... oh wait, thousands on thousands did.

We're talking clash of cultures, you're talking individuals. These people don't get to kaboom all by themselves.

Forest for the trees man. Point being made was, once landed in Europe, you can get to where ever you please. Try walking across the border instead of flying in.... oh wait, thousands on thousands did.

Ahh..well if that's the case can you explain why there have been, up until recently, large encampments of immigrants in Calais who have been trying, and mostly failing, to gain entry to the UK? It seems according to you and others they should have just been able to walk onto a boat with no hassle but that has not been the case at all.

Damn i was wrong. It was the Islamists. Talk about unexpected!!

Ahh..well if that's the case can you explain why there have been, up until recently, large encampments of immigrants in Calais who have been trying, and mostly failing, to gain entry to the UK? It seems according to you and others they should have just been able to walk onto a boat with no hassle but that has not been the case at all.

Nice try but you're no Alan Dershowitz.

Damn i was wrong. It was the Islamists. Talk about unexpected!!

One of the eyewitnesses who's wife and daughter were at the concert and who was interviewed by the BBC had a Muslim name as did one of the taxi drivers ferrying people about for free afterwards. I lived in Manchester for 6 years, there were most likely a lot of young Muslims at the concert. You might want to think about that before everyone goes off generalizing again.

One of the eyewitnesses who's wife and daughter were at the concert and who was interviewed by the BBC had a Muslim name as did one of the taxi drivers ferrying people about for free afterwards. I lived in Manchester for 6 years, there were most likely a lot of young Muslims at the concert. You might want to think about that before everyone goes off generalizing again.
Oh the taxi driver was Muslim? I guess it's all cool then. Carry on.

Hey man I was sure this was the IRA this time

It's annoying when the facts won't fit your prejudice isn't it?

For anybody else an analogy should do wonders here but you lived in Manchester 6 yrs.

Ahh the liberal apologists. "It could have been anybody" to "Most Islamic terrorists are home grown" to the final fallback, "Most of the people killed were Muslims". And this is supposed to absolve those in favor of the open-door immigration policy. I don't think so. The Islamic insurgents are there to wage a war of subversive violence. They will brainwash and recruit anyone they can. Just like in their own countries, they kill anyone who disagrees with their hard-line culture.

Ahh the liberal apologists. "It could have been anybody" to "Most Islamic terrorists are home grown" to the final fallback, "Most of the people killed were Muslims". And this is supposed to absolve those in favor of the open-door immigration policy. I don't think so. The Islamic insurgents are there to wage a war of subversive violence. They will brainwash and recruit anyone they can. Just like in their own countries, they kill anyone who disagrees with their hard-line culture.

Don't worry, that type of nonsense just reinforces the fact that there is indeed a problem with Islam and terrorism in the West. Otherwise the bleeding hearts wouldn't jump so quickly on the defensive.

Its a strange thing, not acknowledging a problem.. staying quiet, assuming it'll go away on its own when evidence mounts to the contrary.

What open door immigration policy? I'm not the one that's been brainwashed...once again, if it's open door you should be able to turn up on the UKs doorstep with your commonwealth passport and say "hey, let me in, give me a job and benefits". Try it..see how that goes for you. No one is apologizing for anyone. Whoever did this was psychopathic deluded terrorist scum. If you decide to tar and feather absolutely everyone else of the same religion as the terrorist might be then that says a lot more about you than anything else. It's just not logical, it makes no sense except if you're honest with yourself and have an axe to grind because of some displaced illogical fear. From everything I've seen and read the Muslim community in Manchester is just as devastated as anyone else precisely because they are "anyone else". Anyhow...I'm out of this thread now as the usual suspects have come along to their echo chamber to spew nonsense. Toodles.

Anyhow...I'm out of this thread now as the usual suspects have come along to their echo chamber to spew nonsense. Toodles.

Thats precisely how we feel about you bleeding heart apologists... buh-bye!

You're quite mistaken.

The UK is not part of the Schengen Zone. There are passport checks in and out, from plane, chunnel and ferries. We have been in and out of the UK last summer and they checked our passports each and every time.

Don't confuse passport-free travel zone with immigration. Brexit is about closing the border for European immigrants, who previous to Brexit, had the right to relocate and work in the UK.

Everyone who comes into the UK: European National, tourist, permanent resident, UK citizen, they all get their passports checked, pre and post-Brexit.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186216-s602/United-Kingdom:Crossing.The.Border.html
https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

Last edited:
Don't worry, that type of nonsense just reinforces the fact that there is indeed a problem with Islam and terrorism in the West. Otherwise the bleeding hearts wouldn't jump so quickly on the defensive.

Its a strange thing, not acknowledging a problem.. staying quiet, assuming it'll go away on its own when evidence mounts to the contrary.

The Canadian media has been loathe to headline that it was ISIS. Most of the comment sections at the newspaper websites are closed. They're going to softpedal the Muslim terrorist thing if it kills them (it eventually might) to save the liberal holy-grail. Next move will be to simply bury the story and not report on it.

Back
Top Bottom