First trip to the tail of the dragon | GTAMotorcycle.com

First trip to the tail of the dragon

Hudson

Here's a few photos from the tail in tennesee, we trailered the bikes down for the long weekend. This was an amazing trip and an amazing road. I'm sure many of you can attest, and those who haven't had the pleasure it's worth the drive (or ride) down. Not just the dragon was great but also the surrounding roads and parkways, with everything from technical riding, to long high speed swooping curves.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

I'll always have fond memories of my trips to Deals Gap.

The ride down from Toronto is also pretty sweet when you get down south....just ensure you get off the main interstates and take the mountain runs...

Yeah, its a good time down there. If its warm enough, hop in the rapids 1-mile down the road from topoco lodge (paved parking) towards Robinsville to cool off. Check out Notorious P.I.G (Colvin's catering) in Sylva for some awesome bbq as well. Fontana lake is nice for a swim at the marina, super clear water. The Marina also offers a evening cruise on a pontoon boat where they give you some history of the area and the dam. Bring a cooler of beer and snacks.

the Dragon is awesome! rode down last year, but will probably trailer down next time

nice pics

Great pics, thanks for sharing. We ride down there every two years and each time I just can't get enough of it!

For those that haven't been, unless you are on a long distance touring machine, trailer down, and put on new tires to make the side to side all week long more enjoyable. Nothing like squaring off tires on the road down only to have a less than ideal profile when you get there.

Back
Top Bottom