RIP Nicky Hayden | GTAMotorcycle.com

RIP Nicky Hayden

"According to Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport a security camera recorded the crash, displaying Hayden apparently not halting at a stop sign and possibly distracted by his iPod."

RIP

Could happen to anyone. RIP

RIP glad to meet him and lucky to get a picture with him.

Condolences to his family and fiancee

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Really sad news. What a charasmatic, talented, down to earth guy. Always seemed happy. He will be missed for sure. RIP NICKY

Accident was 200m outside of turn 4 at Misano. It'd be a nice tribute if they named the corner after him

Very sad, Hayden was one of those fellows you hope to see retire and do guest spots at bike shows, goodwood festivals and parade at Barber because he was just so affable and like able, and even when things weren't going well he always had time for the fans. Never saw him kick a chair over or throw his gear around, just show up next week and try harder. A real class act in a tough egotistical business.

Accident was 200m outside of turn 4 at Misano. It'd be a nice tribute if they named the corner after him

Or give the retard who ran him over with 30 years.

How about getting the whole story first. Suggestions are that Nicky was distracted playing with an ipod.

You mean like that?

"According to Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport a security camera recorded the crash, displaying Hayden apparently not halting at a stop sign and possibly distracted by his iPod."

RIP

If i run over a ditsy tween busy looking at her cellphone while crossing, who is at fault?

Slight bend just before the intersection as well, with high hedges; maybe he just rolled the stop thinking the way was clear. Anyway, it's early in any investigation but it seems as though the driver was doing nothing wrong.

Lost one of my best customers a few years ago out near St. George in a very similar situation. Nicest guy. The driver that hit him from behind was never charged. At first you think wtf, but you have to trust that they have the details and reasons for the decision. In the case I mentioned, I turns out he clipped the gravel and swerved left into the cars path.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.9581...HwjZorODjWX08UIKYQrg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

If i run over a ditsy tween busy looking at her cellphone while crossing, who is at fault?

The dit of course. Guy was on his way to work. Imagine it was you, with 1/4 second to avoid hitting a (unknown to you) world famous athlete, whos fans will hate you till the end of time. It's a shame, but it is what it is, as they say.

http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/rimini/cronaca/nicky-hayden-video-incidente-1.3137737

Note the condition of the bicycle ... note the condition of the wheels, and the frame.

In no way does this change how great a loss this was.

Absolutely agree. Always pulled for Nicky. Just seemed like a genuine good guy.

I feel for the guy in the car as well. He's going to live with that imagery for the rest of his life, and on top of that, some Italian paper went ahead and published his name a day or two after the accident. Not fair when such a high profile public figure is involved imho.

Back
Top Bottom