May 30 Grand Bend Track Day | GTAMotorcycle.com

May 30 Grand Bend Track Day

GSXR Girl

Who's going?

On the website I saw Track hours are 10 to 5 In one place and 9am in another. Can anyone confirm start time?

Thanks

No idea what the official hours are...
BUT, I'm really hoping for LONG TRACK layout, as I rarely have the chance to ride it....

I am trying to make it there .... having some bike issues at the moment (seems it wants to be a twin at the moment)

Jeff

I'll be there on my SV650. Silver with some blue stripes. Looks a little worn down lol. Come say hi. Red Honda canopy.

Yup, planning on being there. Grand Bend days are always a good time :)

I'll be there on my SV650. Silver with some blue stripes. Looks a little worn down lol. Come say hi. Red Honda canopy.

The KW crew usually hangs out in the same general area of the pits... Shouldn't be too hard to find us.
Green ZX6rr, Blue Gsxr 750, White CBR1000, White/Orange/Black KTM RC8...

When do we find out what the track layout will be? I have done the 3 day Racer5 course at GB running modified and then did a 2 day weekend with Racer5 for an endurance event and we ran technical. Now I'm on my own ride and not really sure how track layout is picked, I'm ready, the bike is ready, just wouldn't mind to look over whatever track layout we'll be running on the 30th.

Anyone want to tow me around for a session and show me some lines, I'll be starting in green group as I am humble and it's my first time out on the track with my SV?

When do we find out what the track layout will be? I have done the 3 day Racer5 course at GB running modified and then did a 2 day weekend with Racer5 for an endurance event and we ran technical. Now I'm on my own ride and not really sure how track layout is picked, I'm ready, the bike is ready, just wouldn't mind to look over whatever track layout we'll be running on the 30th.

Anyone want to tow me around for a session and show me some lines, I'll be starting in green group as I am humble and it's my first time out on the track with my SV?

They don't usually let you know the layout until the morning of.. a lot of it depends on if they're using the drag strip or not (if they are, Long Track is out). You can always call/email and request a layout - the marshals usually set up the pylons either early in the morning on late the night before.

Lots of people here could tow you around a few laps. But, they always have a couple of laps which are led by Drew for the green group in the first session of the day. If you need subsequent towing, just ask pretty much anyone in red (or see if you can follow Gsxr_Girl around - she's quick).

*Edit*
I called and registered for the 30th earlier this morning. Asked if they had the layout picked, and the girl said she didn't think they had. Asked if the drag strip would be running, and apparently it won't be. So, I requested Long Track.

Last edited:
GB should stop dicking around and post the layout on their website for all events this year. This way people can plan ahead instead of this ******** speculation. Myself, I like their reverse layouts to even the tire wear after running clockwise every where else.

I agree it would be good to post the layouts before the season starts. Taking votes you'll always end up with people who are upset because they didn't get their preferred layout, so what is really gained? 5 days, 5 layouts, done.

Who's going?

On the website I saw Track hours are 10 to 5 In one place and 9am in another. Can anyone confirm start time?

Thanks

But back to the more important issue, what are the track running hours? Has there been a change since last year?

But back to the more important issue, what are the track running hours? Has there been a change since last year?

Just went through the sign-up procedure on the website just to see, and it clearly shows 9am start.
If it starts any later, you'll have a ton of upset riders, with several no doubt clamouring for a refund of some sort.

Maybe somebody should contact PLS directly and find out?

I spoke with Paul early this year and registered for several days this year and asked about gates. I was told gates at 8 track day starts at 9, at least the rider meeting etc at 9. Hopefully that wasn't miss information. I'll be there at 8 either way so we'll be waiting together people :)

Thanks for the info about a first session tow and depending on how the day goes I'll see if I can find a few friendly red riders to assist me if need be. Can't wait!

Thanks for the info about a first session tow and depending on how the day goes I'll see if I can find a few friendly red riders to assist me if need be. Can't wait!

You'll find most of the people in the advanced group are pretty good about giving tows and the likes. After all, everyone was a beginner at one point... we all asked for help back, so it's only fair to give back. Come find us and I'm sure you won't have too much difficulty convincing one of us to show you around a bit.

Most of the red riders are more than willing to help you out. Feel free to stop by and say hi, #236, white CBR, or look for BigEvil's bright orange RC8, you can't miss it

I spoke with Paul early this year and registered for several days this year and asked about gates. I was told gates at 8 track day starts at 9, at least the rider meeting etc at 9. Hopefully that wasn't miss information. I'll be there at 8 either way so we'll be waiting together people :)

to clearup any confusion - the Tuesday program is as follows gates 8am (usually open earlier) riders meeting at 9am on track apprx 9:15am, program runs till 5pm lunch break in the middle. If for ome reason we start late we add time back - either with a shorter lunch break or going past 5pm. Wll post a proposed layout rotation on the website calendar. May 30th will be Long track as requested.

website errors re times on the laping age have been fixed as well.

Great stuff. Thanks for getting it sorted out quickly. See you on Tuesday (barring the stupid rainy forecast...)

to clearup any confusion - the Tuesday program is as follows gates 8am (usually open earlier) riders meeting at 9am on track apprx 9:15am, program runs till 5pm lunch break in the middle. If for ome reason we start late we add time back - either with a shorter lunch break or going past 5pm. Wll post a proposed layout rotation on the website calendar. May 30th will be Long track as requested.

That's great, thanks Paul!

Back
Top Bottom