Brand new r3 - tire flat every morning. Less than 100 km | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brand new r3 - tire flat every morning. Less than 100 km

Is your wheel bent?
Tire sealed properly?
Tire valve seated correctly or leaking?

Try taking off the valve stem cap, smearing a blob of spit on your finger and then smearing that over the end of the valve stem to form a little film.

If it starts inflating (forming a little bubble), you've found "a" leak. A tire going down completely nightly is going to have a sizeable leak that shouldn't be too hard to find.

Its brand new ?
Its still under warranty, take it back to the dealer, let them figure it out.

Amazing where does the air go if it isn't leaking? This is a new scientific Discovery maybe you have a black hole in your tire.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

are these suggestions even Half serious???

Its a brand new R3? Take it straight to the dealer!

the spit on the valve stem is the first thing I would do. If you see bubbles, tighten the valve.

After that, check all around the tire tread for something sticking into the tire.

Then if nothing shows, take the entire wheel off, set it in a clear bath tub of water or something like that.
Look for bubbles.

Brand new bike. "Warranty". Call the dealer, arrange for them to fix it.

If it's something in the tire. (They will say it is any way)
It won't be covered.

the spit on the valve stem is the first thing I would do. If you see bubbles, tighten the valve.

After that, check all around the tire tread for something sticking into the tire.

Then if nothing shows, take the entire wheel off, set it in a clear bath tub of water or something like that.
Look for bubbles.

Dude...brand new bike.

A leaking valve is simple, sure, but not everyone has a valve tool to tighten it up.

Taking the wheel off, etc? Yeah....Dealership. Again...brand new bike.

End of story.

Original post has more info in title than actual post. Interesting approach. Addressing the post: oh probably.

Dude...brand new bike.

A leaking valve is simple, sure, but not everyone has a valve tool to tighten it up.

Taking the wheel off, etc? Yeah....Dealership. Again...brand new bike.

End of story.

My 10 year old daughter has a valve tool on her bicycle.
Almost everybody has one.

If there is something in the tire from road debris, the dealership will still charge him to repair it. I'm just trying to save him a little bit of money.

SORRY

Almost everybody has one.

Yeah, kinda doubt that. I bet you could show one to 100 motorcyclists and 75 wouldn't even be able to identify what it is, and maybe 5 or 10 of the remaining 25 might actually own one.

Handy tool for sure, and yes, not uncommon amongst backyard mechanics, and yes, if I was in the OP's situation I'd certainly check if it was something simple first that I could fix myself in 10 seconds with a valve stem tool, but it's moot if the OP isn't handy, or actually owns the tool.

Worth checking to see if it's a simple issue. If it is, then less hassle and time than taking it to the dealership. Even if it's not at least knowing what it is, is better. If the OP is asking for hints, doubt they know enough to take the wheel off. If it's not the valve, put some soapy water on the tire and observe for bubbles. Rotate the tire and check each section.

Most valve caps are the rounded ones without a valve tool end.

He may have a valve stem tool on his bike for all we know

If it's something in the tire. (They will say it is any way)
It won't be covered.

That's a pretty big 'if' - until its looked at properly the OP is dangling.
It may be rim porosity (rare), a bad tire (possible) or as has been suggested a leaky valve stem.
"They will say it is any way" - how do you know that ?

IF IT WERE MY BIKE, I'd get some soapy water and slather the wheel/tire then look for bubbles.
The air has to be escaping from somewhere, doesn't it ?

Back
Top Bottom