Time to upgradeyour under-powered litre bike. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time to upgradeyour under-powered litre bike.

Headlight looks fugly.

Reminds me of the original concept behind the Motus.

-That is one weird looking motor, like an I4 has another I4 growing out of it like a tumour
-334hp and only a 190 rear? We have the technology
-Self proclaimed "meticulously crafted" belongs on overpriced wines and designer tables
-That rad will be a barrel of laughs the first time you bottom it out on something, or the sump that looks it's practically touching the ground

Not meticulously engineered, I think. IDK, not feeling it

Needs more body cladding, that is *not* a pretty engine.

And all the "2.0 V8" decals and crap remind me of 1980's cars where everything needed a logo on the back - "ABS!", "TRACTION CONTROL", "TURBO", "TWIN CAM", "DOHC" "EFI" etc etc etc.

If you're gonna build a bike and stick a stupid large engine in it, well...take some pointers from manufacturers who have done it before and made it look nice - here's a 6 cylinder Honda Rune for example.

honda_valkyrie_rune_2004_2.jpg

You guys are pretty harsh.

If you think it looks like an I4 with a parasitic-twin I4 growing out of it, you're not far off the mark since that's basically what it is. The engine is an amalgam of custom parts and bits and bobs from two Yamaha R1 engines -- 2006 and 2008 R1 engines supplied the cylinder blocks and heads.

I think it's brilliant. The exhaust packaging is pure artwork and it sounds like an old F1 engine.

Sure, the sump & radiator do look vulnerable and the styling isn't terribly modern but who cares; it's an amazing effort.

I like it. I love it when someone says "f*** it, I'm going to do it anyway!" There's absolutely no reason to ever build something like this and yet here it is! If I had that kind of money I'd have one in my garage.

... Or for just over half that, the Drysdale. Sure, its also half the power, but with the above mentioned pursuit of "purity", it's not like the extra is getting to the ground... and you still get all the sound.

Oh, and he's been building these for 20 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5tkMycW8DE

drysdale-1000-v8-rf.jpg

You guys are pretty harsh.

It was definitely an unsolicited opinion thing. For comparison, I think the Valkyrie Rune above is super hot, and there are tons of people that think that bike is stupid. You know the saying, there's no tasteful accountants

Back
Top Bottom