Owning two motorcycles in GTA = double or more premium ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Owning two motorcycles in GTA = double or more premium ?

roadrash

Hi Guys, was wondering what kind of insurance premiums would I have to pay if I own two motorcycles in the GTA ? For simplicity's sake, let's assume both motorcycles are exactly the same, and only one rider/driver in the house. I would think insurance would be smart and consider that I could only ride one motorcycle at a time, so the insurance premium on the second motorcycle will be just a few hundred bucks. But GTA insurance doesn't work logically. Thanks

It's a great scam that the INSURANCE Co. doesn't want to change to they do not push the Govt and likely block the Govt from making the changes.
Why? Well, why would you want to make less money when you can hide behind the excuse of we are abiding by the govts laws.

We can get 2 plates and stickers, simple and solved.
We can only ride 1 bike at a time...right.
We can sign a waiver stating no one but me will ride them, therefore if someone else does then it is THEFT...right.

Article was funny,,,we can get SAVING for insuring more than 1 bike....WTH!!!

"So to be able to allow insurance companies to offer such savings for multibike policies, there would have to be a change in the insurance contract at a legislative/regulatory level, and frankly, there is probably not a lot of eagerness to do so since such a stipulation would not solve the fact that even excluded riders can collect certain Accident Benefits."

We can get 2 plates and stickers, simple and solved.
We can only ride 1 bike at a time...right.
We can sign a waiver stating no one but me will ride them, therefore if someone else does then it is THEFT...right.

Third one is incorrect. You can have an Excluded Driver Endorsement on your policy but you have to name the person specifically, and that person has to sign the endorsement as well. That person can't be "Everyone else on the planet". Well, technically it could be, if you got everyone else's signatures... But that would be ridiculous, and it would be a really thick document.

And that's where the rub is.

I don't remember having the excluded person sign that they were excluded, but that was decades ago...and I'm getting old and forgetting.....what was I saying?

2 identical bikes? Just swap the plates...and hope you don't get into an issue where the VIN is checked. ;)

I don't remember having the excluded person sign that they were excluded, but that was decades ago.

Here's the form: OEF78A

Last date of revision was 2005, so maybe the requirement for two signatures has changed since you had one.

2 identical bikes? Just swap the plates...and hope you don't get into an issue where the VIN is checked. ;)

Where's the fun in owning 2 identical bikes?

Ducati collector I know just insures one of his SBKs, and carried the pink slip around with him hoping police won't know the difference between a 916, 996, 998, etc. Helped that they were all red.

Yeah, last time I did an exclusion was pre 2k.

2 identical bikes...a summer one and a winter beater. :)

I have two bikes and receive a multi vehicle rate reduction, but it is only 10%, so yes you pretty much pay double. Also my multi vehicle car rate does not count towards the bikes even though they are from the same company. Definitely a racket like mentioned by the above posters. You gotta pay to play.

Railside Performance

Thank the people (often parents) who insure 2 bikes under their name and then "loan" one to their kid to ride all summer (because they can't afford their own insurance) for this situation.

Ontario Insurance is the number one scam, or maybe two after Hydro .... it just does what it does to people. Trying to cover every possible scenario and insure that big nanny province looks after everyone and everything, instead of letting people have responsibility in their own hands and live with the consequences. I don't know of any other non-Canadian (just because other provinces are maybe not as bad, but close to ...) place who lets things be as out of control as this.

Back
Top Bottom