Nicky Hayden | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nicky Hayden

Terrible news, GWS Nicky!!!

Multiple credible sources are now reporting that Nicky Hayden has passed away.

I was on track with Nicky and Tommy at Putnam Park once upon a time ... they were about 11 years old, so this would have been early to mid 1990s. They were incredibly faster than everyone else at that regional-level event; everyone knew they would go on to greatness.

And to have it all end because of a bicycle crash.

Do what you want with your life, while you still can.

Rest in peace, Nicky Hayden.

RIP Nicky Haden met him in jerez this past October will be missed.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Just got a motogp email. Sad news indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest in peace Nicky.
P5220014_zpsivvesuei.jpg

Now this is sad.
Struck down doing what he loved, through no fault of his own.
Hopefully his family is coping OK.

RIP #69

My favorite Nicky story, when he was racing the ama series, he was asked why he chose number 69. He said it ain"t nothin kinky, it was the number his dad used to race, and he was on his head a lot so you knew who it was if the bike was right side up or upside down.

Rest in peace Nicky.

So sad, RIP

Rip .

Now this is sad.
Struck down doing what he loved, through no fault of his own.
Hopefully his family is coping OK.

RIP #69

RIP Nicky.

The no fault of his own is debatable. Some reports say there is video of him blowing a stop sign while fiddling with an ipod. Sad way to go.

Not sure where to put this ...

I am assuming that there will be a "celebration of life" event at some point, probably in Owensboro KY. No plans have been announced thus far.

If such a thing happens, I am considering going, and I'd be interested in hearing from any others who may be interested.

This would likely be a large event and would have to accommodate the schedules of those on the world stage, and would take some time to plan. There is a WSBK or MotoGP event every weekend until 7 - 9 July which is the WSBK event at Laguna, and then both series are on summer break (MotoGP's last event before summer break is in Germany the weekend before). It would not be unreasonable for such an event to be planned either just before or just after WSBK at Laguna.

So sad to see you go, Nicky. I know you continue riding in a better place.

Back
Top Bottom