RIP Chis Cornell | GTAMotorcycle.com

RIP Chis Cornell

Noooooo. Damn. All my childhood heroes are passing WAY too early.

[video=youtube_share;ySzrJ4GRF7s]https://youtu.be/ySzrJ4GRF7s[/video]

Audioslave was the best of his "projects" imho. Another original gone too soon ...rip Chris

I agree. The timing is all wrong. Rich and famous people should live the longest.

Likely my biggest musical influence growing up and still to this day his music speaks to me. RIP to the greatest voice in rock n roll. You will be missed. :(

I had the privilege of meeting Chris Cornell in 1992 when they released Badmotorfinger. I interviewed Kim Thayil about their new album. They were playing the Spectrum in Montreal that night and we went to see them, then later back stage to talk to the band. I had an interesting conversation with Matt Cameron, their drummer. Cornell retired quickly to the tour bus for some reason. You got the impression that not everything was right at that time. They were really tired of touring and a little down about it. Cornell was an Gen-X icon. 52 isn't young, but it's too young to die.

Blah

Shocked to hear that on the radio this morning. I can't count the number of times I saw soundgarden in concert or Lollapalooza. Bummer - too soon.

[video=youtube;jxtPAugbf5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxtPAugbf5A[/video]

Enjoyed his music. Don't particularly care that he's dead. We're bound to join him sooner or later. Inreb sooner, for sure.

I agree. The timing is all wrong. Rich and famous people should live the longest.

Suicide (which is suspected) tends to be a discipline dominated by the upper classes

Enjoyed his music. Don't particularly care that he's dead. We're bound to join him sooner or later. Inreb sooner, for sure.

These celebrity death notices seem to invite some naval gazing. I do wonder if his ashes will be spread at sea?

Suicide (which is suspected) tends to be a discipline dominated by the upper classes

I don't recognize class distinction in the traditional sense. That said I would not buy a Porsche just in case.

RIP Chris

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Damn, Chris Cornell's music was significant in my life as I grew up in the 90's. 777 not lucky for him. 1997 Soundgarden breaks up. 2007 Audioslave breaks up. 2017 dead. Too soon.

Wow too bad so sad. Sadly, they don't make them like this anymore.

Michael Hutchence (INXS), Kurt Cobain, Bowie, Prince and now this guy.....

Sadly, we are stuck with Bieber, and DJ Snake as our standard bearers....

You can't bring Bieber into this and pretend that brand of pop didn't exist in the 90's. Hanson Brothers comes to mind... the general genesis of boy bands...

Even more sad is the news that he was found hung in his hotel room; an apparent suicide.
I've said it before and I will say it again guys and gals: this life is too short, there is no shame whatsoever in seeking help, whether that be for addiction, depression or something else.

Even more sad is the news that he was found hung in his hotel room; an apparent suicide.
I've said it before and I will say it again guys and gals: this life is too short, there is no shame whatsoever in seeking help, whether that be for addiction, depression or something else.

+1 Fat Elvis died of natural causes at home on or beside the toilet. This is why I don't get the popularity of ponsie schemes, lottery tickets and good hair. Cash, real estate holdings and investiture will not carry the day if suffering with addiction, depression or something else. Get help or gtfo.

Back
Top Bottom