Buell Blast...not starting after new battery and fresh gas... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buell Blast...not starting after new battery and fresh gas...

+++NO CARRIER

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Good times.

A lot here will have no idea what I'm talking about.

Anyhow, yeah, our OP is AWOL. Must have been the kill switch. ;)

sorry, couldn't resist.

Good times.

A lot here will have no idea what i'm talking about.

Anyhow, yeah, our op is awol. Must have been the kill switch. ;)

atdt9666662

atdt9666662

I just checked a few of my old BBS numbers (I had 4 ports at the end) and I see at least a few of them have been reassigned. Apparently a bakery in Whitby now has what used to be my primary node 1 dial-in.

Man, I do not miss those $300/month phone bills though.

Lol if we don't hear back from him..... It was the kill switch ����

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

brilliant, op stated the bike all ready ran and died. (post#1)

clean the carb and air box/filter, and next winter store the bike properly. Have you checked the airbox/filter for mouse nest obstruction(s)?

+1 on contacting frekeyguy. great reviews.

Last edited:
brilliant, op stated the bike all ready ran and died. (post#1).

After the battery was replaced, it didn't. And he never returned to clarify what "won't start" means exactly (as per my earlier reply), so yeah...coulda been a variety of things, kill switch included. Without the OP doing more clarification, we're all just guessing at this point.

After the battery was replaced, it didn't. And he never returned to clarify what "won't start" means exactly (as per my earlier reply), so yeah...coulda been a variety of things, kill switch included. Without the OP doing more clarification, we're all just guessing at this point.
very first post he stated ran for a bit and died? still don't understand why someone would think kill switch when it already ran for a bit?

Offered to look at the bike when i was in the city to offer my help / two cents. OP is hard to get a hold of , not too *responsive*

OP: If I am back in the city, and have time - I am happy to stop by.

Last edited:
It took some time to diagnose the problem...the nice gents at SnowCity suggested I needed to clean the carburetor properly and then give it another go.

I was nervous but after a number of overly cautious hours I managed to get it all apart , cleaned as much as I could and put her back together again.

So I took apart a motorcycle and nothing negative happened.

But now she starts. :)

Now to get started, again, on learning to ride..

It took some time to diagnose the problem...the nice gents at SnowCity suggested I needed to clean the carburetor properly and then give it another go.

I was nervous but after a number of overly cautious hours I managed to get it all apart , cleaned as much as I could and put her back together again.

So I took apart a motorcycle and nothing negative happened.

But now she starts. :)

Now to get started, again, on learning to ride..

nice...way to step up to the plate

not into arguing on the Internet,
but strongly disagree with previous statement about using starting fluid
do not ether a bike

Back
Top Bottom