Dead battery advice | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dead battery advice

Haha okay guys here is the update and answer to questions

The moron that put the battery in the previous owner torque one side off and it was one one leg

And yes they are very soft

I tapped it just to MacGyver it and guess what ?? 1/4 inch in the acid bubbles came out. I said F this went to Canadian tire got a battery for $120

Came home filled up the acid cells. And now she is on trickle charger since 7 pm i am waiting for the light to turn green.

According to the battery it takes 10 hours on a 1 amp current. Mine is 2 amps so by Midnite should be ready.

So I can ride tomorrow :)

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Most small batteries come dry (and accordingly, uncharged) because of the amount of time they are apt to sit on a shelf before someone buys it. If every battery came prefilled small batteries (ATV, Jetski, motorcycles, etc) that could potentially sit on a shelf for 12-24 months before sale would be potentially dead or already damaged from sitting in a low SOC before sale. Remember, even a fully charged battery left sitting without maintenance loses between 10-15% of it's charge every month from self-discharge.

A battery left dry is effectively in stasis until you add the acid, and only then does the clock start ticking.

A prefilled battery would require far more maintenance including being either charged occasionally, or left on a proper tender system that keeps it at a full charge.

Back
Top Bottom