Motorcycle was hit by CRV in Markham. 2017-05-16. 14:40 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle was hit by CRV in Markham. 2017-05-16. 14:40

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-sto...tion-after-car-motorcycle-collide-in-markham/

A man has been rushed to hospital in life-threatening condition after a car and motorcycle collided in the middle of a Markham intersection.
Police were called to the scene of the crash at Bur Oak Avenue and Markham Road at 2:39 p.m..
The service expects the intersection to be closed for several hours and advises all drivers to avoid the area.
More information to come...

I see cars continuing thru, so I suspect light was still green. My theory is that crv waiting for left turn is looking up ahead at the two cars coming though and the bike is obscured behind the car in the right lane. When the right lane car is coming through the intersection, the crv driver is thinking, hey - I can turn before the car in the left lane gets here, and bam - 'where did that bike come from?'

Get well soon rider.

the guy was flying, dont speed that fast through intersections people. Be safe.

I hope they survived the impact

Vid is titled wrong - the bike ran into the CRV. I'm not judging who was in the wrong, but I was expecting something a bit more vicious...

The CRV driver will be charged with unsafe left turn. The bike shouldn't have been flying through the intersection at that speed, but still the CRV is at fault.

The real question is did anyone get the name of the baywatch hair blonde...lmao

Yeah, the left turn thing again. There needs to be LT arrows at every intersection like Quebec has. Also, the motorcycle didn't make it easy on himself going so fast. I hope he'll be alright.

Yeah, the left turn thing again. There needs to be LT arrows at every intersection like Quebec has. Also, the motorcycle didn't make it easy on himself going so fast. I hope he'll be alright.

Would be ideal and much safer, but then we have to deal with lights not detecting motorcycles (I'm sure there are alternatives, but likely will cost $$$).

Considering that's a 50km/h road.... That guy was going pretty damn fast.

...The real question is did anyone get the name of the baywatch hair blonde...lmao

with the people driving on by like nothing happened and the first guy running to check on the CRV driver, I think the blonde lady should receive a medal.

The CRV driver will be charged with unsafe left turn. The bike shouldn't have been flying through the intersection at that speed, but still the CRV is at fault....

Agreed. Doesn't matter who was right, it's up to us to be as safe as possible. Watch your speeds going thru intersections. The biker will always lose in a collision.

The CRV driver will be charged with unsafe left turn. The bike shouldn't have been flying through the intersection at that speed, but still the CRV is at fault.

Yes and no. If the rider is determined to have been speeding then fault may be apportioned between the CRV driver and the rider. Legalities aside, in practical terms the rider always loses and let's hope he/she is able to recover from this terrible accident.

Would be ideal and much safer, but then we have to deal with lights not detecting motorcycles (I'm sure there are alternatives, but likely will cost $$$).

Considering that's a 50km/h road.... That guy was going pretty damn fast.

These are the ones I'm talking about. Sensor activated like all the rest. There's no excuse for not having turn signals at an intersection these days.

Vid is only 45 seconds, hardly enough time for character development. Thankfully the baywatch lady played to type. Rider gws.

I would have stopped and done something.

the guy was flying, dont speed that fast through intersections people. Be safe.

I hope they survived the impact

Yep, if my math is correct he was doing between 80-100km/h when he entered the intersection.

Speed of the bike is irrelevant, it had the right of way. CRV should be deemed 100% at fault.
Also, hard to judge the speed of the bike in that short a period of time with that fish eye sort of lens and from that distance.

I hope they charge the CRV driver with something serious but doubtful.

Shows the panic of some people....the one person check on the SUV driver first :rolleyes: ridiculous.

Thank god for the women that ran straight to the biker. Looks like she may have been wearing scrubs.

EDIT: Watching the video again she also impedes the silver corolla which ends up stopping beside the left turn lane and the driver runs out to check on the CRV driver. CRV driver needs the book thrown at her.

GWS rider

Last edited:
https://www.yorkregion.com/news-sto...tion-after-car-motorcycle-collide-in-markham/

May 17, 2017 01:30

A 21-year-old Pickering man is expected to survive after being rushed to hospital May 16 following a collision between a Honda CR-V and the motorcycle he was driving in Markham.

Police were called to the scene of the crash at Bur Oak Avenue and Markham Road at 2:39 p.m. and reported the man sustained life-threatening injuries. His condition has since improved.

The driver of the Honda, a 50-year-old Markham woman, is charged with careless driving.

May 17, 2017 01:30

A 21-year-old Pickering man is expected to survive after being rushed to hospital May 16 following a collision between a Honda CR-V and the motorcycle he was driving in Markham.

Police were called to the scene of the crash at Bur Oak Avenue and Markham Road at 2:39 p.m. and reported the man sustained life-threatening injuries. His condition has since improved.

The driver of the Honda, a 50-year-old Markham woman, is charged with careless driving.

I'm surprised she got charged with that much. Good. Here's hoping it doesn't get pleaded down too much.

More importantly, the riders condition has improved. That's relieving to hear.

Back
Top Bottom