Any tips for a first timer for Fork of the credit? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any tips for a first timer for Fork of the credit?

I prefer the term "out tracking". The last course I did, you initiated turns by releasing the pressure on the outside grip.

For the op: It's all fun and games until the hard parts get hung up. Go in way slower. Make sure you're looking down the road past the exit. The idea on the street is that you should be able to tighten your turn or stop, in the middle of it, if there's something in the way.

Going wide, isn't good, even at the beginning of the season.

Push steering, counter steering, bump steering, what the difference as long as you know how it works and use it?

and non-standard seems outside your experience of the English language 'twould appear.

and a motorcycle forum is the epitome of informal....verging on incomprehensible ...see: inreb

Heartened by your candor. Takes a big man to admit defeat so quickly and completely. Makes a lowered Weestrom seem almost anticlimactic:)

Push steering, counter steering, bump steering, what the difference as long as you know how it works and use it?

"People like to make confuse" Borat

It's just a road. Anybody is ready for the road. If it were dangerous, it would have been rebuilt.

When the tour bus full of Chinese cameras beached on the hairpin nobody suggested rebuilding the road because it didn't roll down a cliff. It was just a beach.

"People like to make confuse" Borat

Didn't know what bump steering was so I searched it up...

Bump Steer is when your wheels steer themselves without input from the steering wheel. The undesirablesteering is caused by bumps in the track interacting with improper length or angle of your suspension and steering linkages. Most car builders design their cars so that the effects of bump steer are minimal.

I'm confused, how does this apply, and how exactly do you "use it"?

Didn't know what bump steering was so I searched it up...

I'm confused, how does this apply, and how exactly do you "use it"?

Not applicable to motorbikes.

via Tapatalk

LOL! I know, right?!

When the one guy says he's a Doctor I laughed so hard.
Z8d4BRg.gif

There aren't many videos on YouTube of the Forks of The Credit for a good reason, OPP paranoia. If you Google YouTube you'll find someone who looks like me riding the road years ago when GoPros first came out...riding slow checking mirrors and over the shoulder for cops. That's the sportbike experience at the Forks of The Credit. It's not great. There's also a few typical Ninja 250 / 300 videos and they all make the same mistake exiting the hairpin when the back end has no traction and goes light under power. They all crash. Here's your typical Ninja riders first day out at the Forks of The Credit:

https://youtu.be/zt_PqWtHgk0

Last edited:
some decent turns, but short ride...

watch the shady spots, can be some slippery stuff where the sun don't shine

It's funny how everyone worries / warns about the hairpin but it is the uphill right hander immediately afterwards that is more of a trouble

It's funny how everyone worries / warns about the hairpin but it is the uphill right hander immediately afterwards that is more of a trouble

True. I guess I consider it to be part of the hairpin. It's definitely the trickiest bit when going uphill - you think you're in the clear after taking the hairpin and then this rising curveball is thrown at you. I bet a lot of heavy bikes come close to stalling there.

Heavy joggers too. On a side note I once helped a young lady pick up her bike there. I don't think I got the credit I deserved tho, in fact she kept mentioning her boyfriend. Strange.

There aren't many videos on YouTube of the Forks of The Credit for a good reason, OPP paranoia. If you Google YouTube you'll find someone who looks like me riding the road years ago when GoPros first came out...riding slow checking mirrors and over the shoulder for cops. That's the sportbike experience at the Forks of The Credit. It's not great. There's also a few typical Ninja 250 / 300 videos and they all make the same mistake exiting the hairpin when the back end has no traction and goes light under power. They all crash. Here's your typical Ninja riders first day out at the Forks of The Credit:

Buddy of mine ended up in the guardrail there when he first got his RR from something similar. Luckily, he was good enough to pull the bike under, smack the handle bar straight(ish) and rode home lol

As others have said though, the road is actually really boring. Go down south for much better roads.

Mladin
They all crash. Here's your typical Ninja riders first day out at the Forks of The Credit:

yup exactly ....used to worse as there was a ridge and a little water flowing over the road many days so even knowing it was there and taking it easy the back end got a bit squirrely fair bit easier now.

Mladin

yup exactly ....used to worse as there was a ridge and a little water flowing over the road many days so even knowing it was there and taking it easy the back end got a bit squirrely fair bit easier now.

Yes, I miss that water.

Also, reading back a few posts I guess it was a bum steer to use "bump steer" as a synonym for counter steering. My bad and a bummer.

Mladin

That's the interesting part, pre coffee and pie, living dangerously. Who wants to plop into a Muskoka chair sans road story at the ready? Nobody I know!

Back
Top Bottom