Any tips for a first timer for Fork of the credit? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any tips for a first timer for Fork of the credit?

Skip the cafe, unless you enjoy wasting a beautiful day talking about riding instead of actually riding

Skip the cafe, unless you enjoy wasting a beautiful day talking about riding instead of actually riding

If it's a beautiful day you probably want to skip the Forks entirely as it will be full of bicyclists and tourists looking at the river

Thanks for all the replies lol...
i went there early morning today. The hairpin is very challenging for me to be honest..luckily there was no other bikes and car, I ran too wide of the turn when I was going downhill, and ran into the other lane :(
I actually found going uphill is a lot easier

Thanks for all the replies lol...
i went there early morning today. The hairpin is very challenging for me to be honest..luckily there was no other bikes and car, I ran too wide of the turn when I was going downhill, and ran into the other lane :(
Sounds like you haven't practiced steering in 2 years. Push on that bar! Bike will turn, practice. Following a heard yesterday on derry rd on to twist rd only one that could keep it in their own lane was the spyder.

It's a right of passage to brave The Forks on a sunny day. Builds character. Plus, the Ninja 300 is one light cycle--OP will be laughing through that hairpin.

OP a light touch on the rear brake might help you around the inside downhill at the Forks ...outside uphill much easier....it's not really an "enjoyable" corner as much as a slow corner.
Next time try https://goo.gl/maps/dVfKoviXqGG2

The Grange across highway 10 ....nicer road and there are some decent north south roads off it.
Forks is too busy and too many cops.....the little uphil twist after the bridge going east is fun

The hairpin is very challenging for me to be honest..luckily there was no other bikes and car, I ran too wide of the turn when I was going downhill, and ran into the other lane :(

Don't worry. Practice makes perfect.

I've been riding for 10 years and have been at the forks many many times, but the first few times of the season is always a bit difficult to do without going wide either before or after the hairpin. It takes practice. Just don't hold the clutch in the entire time when doing it. Slow way down before the turn, crank your head to the right, look where you wanna go, and under power (not alot) make that turn.
As mentioned, using the rear brake to help keep your speed under control is a good idea too.

...and yeah, going up hill is waaaay easier.

Its ok to pull in for a coffee, the "i did xxx kms this yr crowd" will get it eventually. Live slow, die whenever....

Did you post this while riding?

How did you guess?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

My assumption disguised as a question would have rattled a lesser man. Respect.

Sounds like you haven't practiced steering in 2 years. Push on that bar! Bike will turn, practice. Following a heard yesterday on derry rd on to twist rd only one that could keep it in their own lane was the spyder.
They really should just start calling it push steering instead of counter steering, makes way more sense

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

and non-standard seems outside your experience of the English language 'twould appear.

nother
adjective noth·er \ˈnə-thər\
variants: or 'nother
Popularity: Bottom 40% of words

Definition of nother
: other —used especially in the phrase a whole nother —used chiefly in speech or informal prose

First Known Use: 14th century

and a motorcycle forum is the epitome of informal....verging on incomprehensible ...see: inreb

and non-standard seems outside your experience of the English language 'twould appear.

and a motorcycle forum is the epitome of informal....verging on incomprehensible ...see: inreb
Just doing my part to preserve the Queen's English.

Let's keep it fun. ?

via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom