Any tips for a first timer for Fork of the credit? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any tips for a first timer for Fork of the credit?

What route did you take?

Didnt have much time, but i figured once i got there id be able to have some fun. I took 400 to get there. Maybe in the future if i have more time i should stick to the backroads to get there?

Rode around bala/rosseau/brackenrig/bracebridge

The most enjoyable road was probably 7/632/peninsula rd...but they got construction all over it this time around so ruined the ride for me..

25 was also good

Mostly i found sweeping roads, but no real twisties i was hoping for... :(

Was planning to go check out highway 60 and 35 by hunstville and if i spend some more time in the area i might be able to find some nicer roads but...
it takes forever to get there and back and the return on the ride doesnt seem worth it for considering it takes many hours to get there and few twisties are found(Maybe if i stayed the night and spend the entire day riding?)

It is scenic i will admit, but mostly just sweeping roads, and no crazy twisties (with the exception of the tight turns at the end of 7)

Left home at 6 am, got back at 6 pm roughly, with a few breaks/meals in between

Didnt have much time, but i figured once i got there id be able to have some fun. I took 400 to get there. Maybe in the future if i have more time i should stick to the backroads to get there?

The most enjoyable road was probably 7/632/peninsula rd...but they got construction all over it this time around so ruined the ride for me..

25 was also good

Mostly i found sweeping roads, but no real twisties i was hoping for... :(

Was planning to go check out highway 60 and 35 by hunstville and if i spend some more time in the area i might be able to find some nicer roads but...
it takes forever to get there and back and the return on the ride doesnt seem worth it for considering it takes many hours to get there and few twisties are found(Maybe if i stayed the night and spend the entire day riding?)

It is scenic i will admit, but mostly just sweeping roads, and no crazy twisties (with the exception of the tight turns at the end of 7)

Left home at 6 am, got back at 6 pm roughly, with a few breaks/meals in between

Look for areas that need to curve around land features, that cannot be straightened with dynamite. Lakes, Large Hills, Ravines, etc.
Most things due north, especially the larger highways have been straightened - Politicians need to get to their cottages for summer break, tout suite!
Stay away from the 400 series. 500 series roads tend to be good.
Find Ompah on a map and head there for a start. Make sure you have gas, many of the mom and pop shops are closing, because of tighter regulations.

25 was also good

Mostly i found sweeping roads, but no real twisties i was hoping for...

Best is south in PA 3 hours there and go loco no popo newly paved endless tight twistys.
Last year I would head up to muskoka thinking of doing some roads but as soon as I hit southwood I never leave...3 runs up and down and head home satisfied and yes I KNOW oh my word the sand but it makes it more enjoyable and challenging wouldnt have it any other way.
Heading up sat for my first run.....I will blow some of the sand off in the corners for all you ninny nanny riders. LOL

The beauty about SW13 is in a lot of places you won't see the car but for a split second before you hit it. That's how imagine it anyway.

All the way to Muskoka and you leave out the 518??? that's arguably one of the best roads in Ontario

SW13 is fun, but the last 3 or 4 times i took it I had to stop and pull someone out of the ditch or swamp, that cuts into my riding time so im thinking of cutting it out of my Muskoka route

All the way to Muskoka and you leave out the 518??? that's arguably one of the best roads in Ontario

SW13 is fun, but the last 3 or 4 times i took it I had to stop and pull someone out of the ditch or swamp, that cuts into my riding time so im thinking of cutting it out of my Muskoka route
Am not into long sweepers where ya gotta do mach speed hta 172 except for PA then its have at her

Yes -don't go

Am not into long sweepers where ya gotta do mach speed hta 172 except for PA then its have at her

SW isnt very exciting bellow HTA 172 speeds either.

Either way dude, whatever floats your boat

The Muskoka area is nice, but as you said, it's not really high on the twisty roads. As mentioned both Southwood and the 518 are really sweet and sometimes sandy/bumpy roads and there are other bits here and there in the Muskoka's. If you want to stay in Ontario and ride more technical roads, then either Haliburton or the Eastern area (Calabogie/Ompah/Lanark) is where it's at. There are a few really sweet roads north of Kingston as well. Check out the sticky in the touring section for more info.

If you want to ride tight technical roads all day long on flawless pavement, then as pointed out, you have to head south into PA, VA, WV, NC or TN.

I'd like to see some waypoints/routes for PA.
I just drove through there to Gettysburg and then back from Washington.

The route had a few nice roads, but lots of trucks and Smokeys, with some really slow and some really straight areas (e.g. Truck speed limit 20 mph).

There was a really great pulled pork place that we stopped at.

Went there about 3 weeks ago, it looks like they removed the speed bumps.

"Cursing on highway", sounds about right.

Just take it easy the first time around to know what to expect and be in the proper gear for the hairpin turn if you're going up.
Speed bumps are back Was there other day :) They normally take out for winter then put them back once riding season begins

For your first time I would recommend taking it from the east end and riding up the forks, rather than from the west end riding down. The hairpin going down for your first time is pretty intimidating. All in all, forks is VERY over rated. Speed bumps, smothered with cops, and it takes less than 10 minutes to get through. If you are up in that area ride another half hour north and hit up "River Road" in Kilgorie. Best twisty road that is "some what" close to the GTA IMO.

+1 River Road If you run wide you might not hit a car.

I have some good roads mapped on google. I am sure I can convert into a gps file if you want it.
I'd like to see some waypoints/routes for PA.
I just drove through there to Gettysburg and then back from Washington.

The route had a few nice roads, but lots of trucks and Smokeys, with some really slow and some really straight areas (e.g. Truck speed limit 20 mph).

There was a really great pulled pork place that we stopped at.

+1 River Road If you run wide you might not hit a car.

First time I was up that way I got showered with rocks from an angry pickup driver cutting the corner going the other way. He was chasing a street rossi. No Porsches were harmed, not sure about the rider.

Back
Top Bottom