Tricep pain | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tricep pain

bigpoppa

Went riding a few days ago and often i find myself with this annoying pain and soreness in my right tricep, was riding for about 2 hours(no breaks) but there was no pain/discomfort anywhere else(no shoulder, wrist, back, hip, knee pain at all)

I tried stretching but found it oddly enough hard to stretch that muscle(didnt know how)

Anyway the pain seems to be lingering around went out for a quick ride today, and it was still there...I was planning to go north on a little adventure tomorrow but 600 kms like this seems like a nuisance

I try not to put my weight on the bars, so theres no pain in the wrists, try to ride 'correctly' for a street/standard bike...its only the right tricep that seems to be affected left one is fine..

I'm sure its probably poor riding/body position thats causing this...any ideas? Anyone else have this before previously and found the root cause/remedy?

Thanks

You have probably done R. I. C. E. Rest, Ice, Compression. Elevate. With compression with the bandage wrapped to allow blood flow back to the Heart. Google how to apply a tension bandage properly.
You know your medical history better than anyone else. Slept badly. Pulled it working out. Not always immediate. Any other secondary pain?
Do you have anybody for I.e, Professional that can massage you? Your tricep will do for now. Lol. :)

Right arm out, fully straight, palm down, make a fist. Slightly bend arm, and your triceps will flex. Lean forward on your wrist/hand with the arm slightly bent and your triceps will tighten. Maybe you're too tense in your arms when riding? Using your arms to hold up your weight? What bike are you riding?

The triceps opposes the stronger biceps. Any flexing of the arm (from shoulder to wrist) will use both of these muscles, one in flexion and the other in extension.

right arm out, fully straight, thumb up, like you're offering to shake someones hand,, your other hand grabs fingers on right hand and bends the hand down,,, as you hold the arm up... it stretches the muscle ..pain goes away.

I know they aren't for everyone, but I really like my Techspec pads on the sides of my tank. Makes holding on with your legs/knees much easier imo.

Do you have a vibey bike? You can get some forearm pump that could have other effects from that if you have continual vibrations in your bars. You may not even be conscious that it's happening either. Try some grip buddies if that's the case or if it's severe then something like a vibranator or one of the other vibration remedies. If it's not vibey bars then I'd go with grip of death.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're bench pressing your bike. Tricepts are activated with pushing motion or in this case, holding your upper body upright (pushing down on your bars).

Hold your body up with your core and be lighter with bar pressure. Your core and lower back will probably feel sore afterwards if it's not use to it.

..... make a fist......and your triceps will flex. Lean forward on your wrist/hand with the arm slightly bent and your triceps will tighten.

The triceps opposes the stronger biceps. Any flexing of the arm (from shoulder to wrist) will use both of these muscles, one in flexion and the other in extension.

Huh? Grip comes from forearm.

I've got on-again/off-again triceps pain in my right arm due to a (relatively minor but annoying) rotator cuff problem on that side.

If you lift weights at all make sure your mechanics and form are good and that you're not doing anything to aggravate the 'cuff.

Put on a jacket, and stop riding in the left lane.

That way you won't have to keep flexing every time you pass a woman in a car...thus, no post workout pain.

I'm no vegan, but I thought that the guy who came up with R.I.C.E. became disillusioned with it, and created a better acronym: M.E.A.T.?!?

Maybe try rotating your brake lever, and making sure that your wrist, elbow, and shoulder aren't stiffening up.

Sounds like you're bench pressing your bike. Tricepts are activated with pushing motion or in this case, holding your upper body upright (pushing down on your bars).

Hold your body up with your core and be lighter with bar pressure. Your core and lower back will probably feel sore afterwards if it's not use to it.

I think thats what it was.

I kept my elbows 'locked' like i was doing a bench press, started riding with elbows bent, and lighter grip and feel much better

Though the core is having to do more work it feels like

Seeing it just your right side I am going to go out on a limb and say your may be putting to much weight on the bars. Why is only the right effected, bet you sit up a bit and cruise with the right hand only. If that the case you need to use your legs more and squeeze that tank. You should at any time be able to let go of the and hold yourself up without the use of your bars.

Hit the gym.

Seriously.

油井緋色;2498766 said:
Hit the gym.

Seriously.

^^This.

The soreness is just your body letting you know that muscles you barely use are finally getting a workout.
Even people who work out regularly will experience some pain if they "rest" for more than a week.

The pain will go away in time, and will become a non-issue once the muscles have seen regular action.

When I first started riding I would get a pain in the area between my right thumb and the index finger.
An old timer told me I was probably holding the throttle to tight.
I eased up my grip and it went away. Are you possibly holding on too tight.
Or as suggested earlier it may be something totally unrelated to the motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom