Mother of all viruses? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mother of all viruses?

My last day in a previous job I had to deal with a ransomware attack. An employee clicked a link in a bad email. They wanted ~300 bitcoins to decrypt data. I just restored the backup from the night before, easy peasy. It was interesting, it encrypted alphabetically by drive letter then folder name. To give you a bit of time in the future, just created an 'aaa' directory with tons of small and unimportant files. If you accidentally activate it, you will be able to get the computer shut off before it gets to files you care about.

Past ransomwares wanted much more money but were pretty good at decrypting data after you paid. This one only wants $300 but apparently doesn't fix the problem.

If you're talking about WannaCrypt, it is the inevitable result of the leak of the NSA EternalBlue exploit and machines running unsupported or unpatched versions of Windows. Pretty much everyone in infosec was expecting it.

Last edited:
Joe Bass's basement.
Wasn't he looking for a side gig...he was watching Youtube vids on how to make a virus.
Last time I made a virus was 1991. Or was that the last time I contracted a virus....?

I thought this virus largely missed Canada, no?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Lots of institutions don't go with the newest OS or always update. Years ago had a bank still running 486 PC when the standard was P3...with the old OS too.

Last time I made a virus was 1991. Or was that the last time I contracted a virus....?

I thought this virus largely missed Canada, no?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

uhm...that's very rude of you to speak about your children like that:violent2:

oh well, not the first and will not be the last
Windowsssss WINS!!!!

Hi Suzy, here is a photo of my 5th new cat.
*clicks on photo...and BOOM

I thought the bait was usually a nude pic of the latest hottie.

Back
Top Bottom