PC5 quick shifter | GTAMotorcycle.com

PC5 quick shifter

Nick_f

Site Supporter
Looking to add electronics to my 05 zx6r

I currently have a pc3, with a downloaded tune, and thinking about replacing it with a pc5 w/autotune and quick shifter.

Now, the pc5 with autotune is $550, and the quick shifter is $350, but dyno jet says i need a ignition module for the quick shifter.

Anyone run one without it?

Ignition module is $400, and really starting to get expensive.. lol

How does a quick shifter work without something to deal with cutting ignition? I assume that's exactly what the "ignition module" does?

The cheapest way I know is to add a SFM module

The standard power commanders only control 4 injectors, in 2005 Kawasaki added a 2nd set of injectors into the top of the air box on the ZX6R. The power commander has to control all 8 injectors for quick shifting, therefore the SFM module or ignition module is required.

Ive installed quite a few on 05-12 ZX6R's that way, luckily for me they changed back to only 4 injectors in 2013 so none of my bikes need the extra cost of the extra module to add quick shift function to my PC's

SFM is cheaper then an ignition module BTW
from their website fine print
"n addition to the increased fuel adjustability the SFM provides, it also allows for the use of the Dynojet Quick Shifter sensor on 8 injector bikes. On earlier Power Commanders an Ignition Module or Stand Alone Ignition Quick Shifter was necessary to use the DQS on bikes with 8 injectors. Now, you can have both added fuel control and shifter functionality at a very low price."

The ignition module has more adjust-ability for tuning the engine over the SFM but its also more expensive, so if your not going to use ignition tuning functions then the SFM is the cheaper option to add quick shift function

Last edited:
The cheapest way I know is to add a SFM module

The standard power commanders only control 4 injectors, in 2005 Kawasaki added a 2nd set of injectors into the top of the air box on the ZX6R. The power commander has to control all 8 injectors for quick shifting, therefore the SFM module or ignition module is required.

Ive .................

Thanks Johnny!

So I know the 2009+ PC5 will work with the 05-06 zx6r but you can't set autotune With engine temp, only time. I Have a line for PC5 w/autotune for $390 new

Do you know if the 2009 top injectors are the same as the 2005>? Just seeing if I can use the SFM from a 2009 on my 05

Thanks Johnny!

So I know the 2009+ PC5 will work with the 05-06 zx6r but you can't set autotune With engine temp, only time. I Have a line for PC5 w/autotune for $390 new

Do you know if the 2009 top injectors are the same as the 2005>? Just seeing if I can use the SFM from a 2009 on my 05

I cant say if it will work or not, I can only say that the part numbers are different

05 being SFM-12
09 SFM-2

Id ask power commander, or search the net to see if anyone else has tried this already...

You could also look into a stand alone quick shifter, Ive always just stuck with the power commander stuff since I already had PC's on my bike, but there are a few stand alone options

Last edited:
I've got a PC-V and DQS on my FZS800 and it works fine without an ignition module. It cuts the fuel injectors for a programmable period of time; I've got an 80mS cut programmed IIRC.

My bike's only got 4 injectors. Things might be different on a bike with secondary injectors: If DJ says an ignition module is required for your application it probably is...

I've got a PC-V and DQS on my FZS800 and it works fine without an ignition module. It cuts the fuel injectors for a programmable period of time; I've got an 80mS cut programmed IIRC.

My bike's only got 4 injectors. Things might be different on a bike with secondary injectors: If DJ says an ignition module is required for your application it probably is...

Yes we covered that already any bike with 8 injectors needs either a Ignition module or SFM module.....I have 09 ZX6R that has 8 injectors, therefore it needs a module, then I got a 2013 ZX6R where Kawi went back to only 4 injectors and it does not need a module.

Kinda sucks that one year needs the added cost of an extra module the other doesn't, but it all depends on how many injectors the manufacture used on the bike 4 vs 8....As power commander quick shifters use a fuel cut off, it must be able to cut fuel to all injectors

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom