Where to buy brake lever guards for RACE? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to buy brake lever guards for RACE?

Mr.Cool

Rule book says "Riders must use an approved break lever device from an authorized manufacturer" but doesn't list any said manufactures. Where do we buy these? Also how are they mounted? My bike has solid bars, no bar ends, the grips also extend all the way to the end of the bar.

Rule book says "Riders must use an approved break lever device from an authorized manufacturer" but doesn't list any said manufactures. Where do we buy these? Also how are they mounted? My bike has solid bars, no bar ends, the grips also extend all the way to the end of the bar.

John Bickle. Or Google Dion device or Rizoma.

Riders choice as well.

Solid bars? Home made?

You can move your grip up and get one like vortex makes or buy a dion device that mounts further up the bar. Or get proper bars and use one that mounts in the bar end which there's quite a few options there.

Thanks bakaboy, I'll drop by Riders Choice tomorrow and see what they've got.

dricked, nope, stock bars. Bike is an 88 TZR250, they had solid aluminum clip-ons.

Thanks bakaboy, I'll drop by Riders Choice tomorrow and see what they've got.

dricked, nope, stock bars. Bike is an 88 TZR250, they had solid aluminum clip-ons.

Gotcha! You could drill and tap the bar end so you could use a different style.

dricked, yes, I was thinking that's what I might have to do. Does anyone know if they would allow a dirt bike style bush guard? (the simple bar type) I like those because they attach on both ends and unlike the bar end style ones they don't create a snag point when walking around the bike in the pits.

You would need the Brake Guard that clamps over the bar. But you have no room to move the throtle up, So you would have to go to the Dion device,, but I'll bet you have no room up top for it either. Drilling the bar out is not worth the effort. We have bars you could use for $20. They are hollow. You could also use the one brake guard we have and if you wanted,, drill and tap the tube so you could just put the bolt into the bar. Regardless,, with that bike you will have to change the bar to get the easiest option. If you are at Shannonville this weekend I will be there Thursday afternoon and have a truck load of brake guards and bars. And I'm sure we can get you going.
email me if you need anything
john@bickleracing.com

I would say no as I have never seen anybody ever use them, I have seen every style of bike mount a traditional road racing brake guard.. As have the tech officials at both RACE and SOAR. So I'm going to suggest you pursue a more traditional solution so the dirt bike solution isn't wasting your time.

Damn that was lucky.
...i ordered Chinese air valves, and swing arm spools in Dec, didn't see them until almost March

Damn that was lucky.
...i ordered Chinese air valves, and swing arm spools in Dec, didn't see them until almost March
Ohh wow.. that is abnormally long indeed.

But I have already waited very long from certain sellers but never that long. usually 4-6 weeks.

Ran them before. Not the best design imo. Easy to move out of the way. Switched to clamp style for this year(woodcraft). I think the Dion is probably the best design available.

What do you mean: ''easy to move out of the way'' ?
You referring to it turns on it's own. No matter how tight you screw the bolt, it still tightens ?
If so, easy solution is to put in a sleeve with .001'' tight fit. Put it in the freezer and before installing it in the handle bar, put some lock tight in the handle bar. Easy pizzy... ;)

Back
Top Bottom