Knowing (Used) Motorcycle Pricing | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Knowing (Used) Motorcycle Pricing

You would actually have to go see it to see why it hasn't sold.
40k isn't that much mileage if taken care of.
Even though I've read and understood the past recommendations in this thread, I'm afraid I'd still not be able to tell a good deal from a lemon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

but if it's really bad or you get a bad vibe from the seller, you will know. Can't hurt to look if you're really interested. Last bike I bought was an hour west...after looking at ones an hour away east. just like riding...you have to build experience.

Either one is likely fine. I wouldn't let 40k bother me if it runs good, it's more about the extra $$. Many members are willing to help check out a local sale with you.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

If still looking for an FZ6 ID recommend an 07 or later... A few updates to the bike that year then no more changes until it ceased production in 10

I paid $3000 for my 05 with 30k kms, this was in the fall of 2015. It was fairly clean but I had to put about $1000 into it to get it to where I wanted it to be. Most of that was new tires.

The first owner took good care of the bike but the second, who owned it for 2 years, didnt ride much and didnt really put any work into the bike, so the rest was new cables as the originals had dried out, chain, sprockets, and fluid changes all around. If I were to do it again I'd get an 07 or newer in better condition and pay the 4 grand most people are asking for them.
Although, truth be told, if I really could do it over again I'd probably go with a Suzuki sv650.

Edit: As for the safety, i bought my bike in the late fall, registered it right away and didn't get it safetied or insured until the spring. I dont see anything wrong with that. I'm not going to put insurance on over the winter if i dont have to.
How many kms is worth $4000?
Keeping in mind a valve service will cost $500+.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom