Helmet mount for phones | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet mount for phones

You could probably find a good deal on a hero 4 silver. Gives you upto 4k at low fps, and 1080 60. If you want good quality for youtube, most people(95%+) aren't even set up to view 4K, and frame rates suck. What helps image quality more is framer ate at this point. I'd rather watch 720p at 60fps than 4k at 24fps.

Xiaomi yi from gearbest.com (the older version not the 4k) and get the sets of mounts for it for about 15 dollars. Takes 3 weeks to get here. I've been using mine for the past 3 seasons and is very reliable. (never let me down)

I heard from a trusted source that it can stick properly up to 180kph (and more)

Does 1080p easy ...or more if you dig up some scripts (which are installed by putting a .txt file on your cam)

The GoPro knockoffs are hit and miss. I found a good one first shot, but I know a lot of others who have bought and returned many because the image sensors are garbage. Definately worth buying from a place like Amazon.ca and making sure there's a track record of positive reviews first.

But yes, once you find a good one, they are very close to genuine GoPro quality for <$100.

And I agree with all the others that strapping the phone equivalent of a 2x4x1 to your helmet is a recipe for crazy wind drag. Those things might be good for slow speed sports, but not high speed.

Yeah i just went ahead and bought a Gopro Hero 5 Black, its got a screen to preview the videos, and a removable battery incase it ever dies on me. In addition its waterproof out of box, and has decent built in mics, and a lot of other features

I'm a pretty cheap dude, but you get what you pay for i guess

Last edited:
Yeah i just went ahead and bought a Gopro Hero 5 Black, its got a screen to preview the videos, and a removable battery incase it ever dies on me. In addition its waterproof out of box, and has decent built in mics, and a lot of other features

I'm a pretty cheap dude, but you get what you pay for i guess
Looking forward to them videos!

There are many services that you can use to ship an item to an American address. They then forward to a Canadian cross border address. These one in Mississauga. They charge a small fee

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Not to mention if you attach a huge cell phone to your helmet, your almost assured to get a ticket, it just like ALL camera mounts are illegal. Most cops overlook it, but I doubt their going to overlook a cell phone. Not to mention cells always record audio as well the wind noise alone would make the video unwatchable, unless muted.

pohbPo5.jpg

And this:

Not to mention if you attach a huge cell phone to your helmet, your almost assured to get a ticket, it just like ALL camera mounts are illegal. Most cops overlook it, but I doubt their going to overlook a cell phone. Not to mention cells always record audio as well the wind noise alone would make the video unwatchable, unless muted.

Last edited:
Got the 5 black...now i just have to work on my editing skills and figure out how to change the codecs of the videos so that youtube doesnt **** up the quality

Every corner I ever took is engraved in my memory lol who needs f ing gopros...to film what... your skills...others skills... dont live in the past but in the moment so gopros can go hose.

Every corner I ever took is engraved in my memory lol who needs f ing gopros...to film what... your skills...others skills... dont live in the past but in the moment so gopros can go hose.
A few things.

I use it as a dashcam, when i wasnt injured, daily ride to and from work into downtown core and craziness happens (as in, cars are ridiculous) so its an insurance policy. Number of people ive heard who couldve gotten screwed if they didnt have evidence is mind boggling.

When i go touring with friends...some nice shots of them that can be kept.

A few things.

I use it as a dashcam, when i wasnt injured, daily ride to and from work into downtown core and craziness happens (as in, cars are ridiculous) so its an insurance policy. Number of people ive heard who couldve gotten screwed if they didnt have evidence is mind boggling.

When i go touring with friends...some nice shots of them that can be kept.

Totally get it legalities ..funny cause in my original post had exact same thing in it but edited out whilst proofing..too long winded.Lol

Yes if I was a track day aspiring racer or your example having footage is advantageous BUT

if getting that gopro is to make and or record yours or other shenanigans then phooey. Don't like group rides with goshows this is recipe for disaster and have been on and seen drama drama. Now if getting that goshow is for recording little Johnnie frolicking at park kudos.

Back
Top Bottom