Helmet mount for phones | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet mount for phones

bigpoppa

Well now...move over selfie stick for the category of 'thing I shake my head at the most'... lol

a big phone on a bike especially helmet...what could go wrong...flying along at 100km/h or faster (if you are on a track) and you turn your head e.g. shoulder check
a bicycle would seem to work

Do you really want to use your good phone for this? 1 rock, smashed screen...rain...

Might be cheaper and easier getting a decent but cheap bullet camera...saw a decent review on youtube of them or regular square Go-pro knock off.

apparently its tested safe at 150 mph.

Free shipping to USA zip code. If you were inclined to cross the border.

That thing would act like a sail at highway speeds.

This generation is doomed.

The average older generation smartphone costs more than a gopro. I got my hero 4 on a clearance from costco, so it was actually cheaper than my S5. I would probably rather buy a hero 5 black, than have to buy a new phone. Try kijiji or craigslist for cams if they're to pricey new.

apparently its tested safe at 150 mph.

Maybe tested up to 150mph in a best case scenario (constant steady wind) not when you're turning your head and blasting those kinds of winds from different directions.

People have had GoPros flying off their helmets at high speeds with their low profile.

Might work well if you're only going small scooter speeds though.

If you can't to afford $200 and want to use your phone, you're putting your (likely) ~$300+ phone on the line while owing money on it on a phone plan, you'd be even more out of pocket.

Last edited:
I suppose i could get one of the entry level gopros

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom