Min wage increase | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Min wage increase

3e0f98078859811aae521f1311725a9f.jpg

I hope they like alienating roughly 50% of the population, and therefore their customers. If I saw that I'd turn around and walk out, and not because of any particular political leanings, but because the management who put that up are colossal ******** and I have no desire to do business with ********.

Hell, of the remaining 50% of their customers even those who identify as moderate conservatives and a mix of both, the odds are good a good percentage of them will also be irked enough to just leave.

Yeah, this sure seems like a great business decision to me.

Just Googled and found the story behind this - it was at a convenience store. The Reddit thread is pretty funny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinte...o_not_hire_liberals_rude_sign_in_convenience/

One thing is for sure, if I went through a conveinence store and picked up already overpriced stuff off the shelf, planned to buy lottery tickets, a newspaper, etc and then walked up to find that sitting at the till, well, the owner would be putting some overpriced stuff and a newspaper back on the shelf, and missing out on some lottery ticket sales - I'd ditch it at the till, tell them that signs like that are a stupid business decision, and leave. And never come back.

I don't care what your political leanings are, but dragging them into your place of business is a piss poor business decision as at any point in time you stand to alienate at least 50+ (and likely more) of your customers.

Also liberals tend to offend easily. Part of victim culture I guess.

Not offended, it's just my opinion that it's incredibly stupid to try to push your polical views on customers who are your bread and butter.

If he posted something stating that he doesn't hire non religious/evangelical people because believing in science before religious teachings would somehow harm him or his business, I'd be equally inclined to think he's a dumbass and not shop there or ever frequent his business again. And I'm not religious, I'd just think he's an intolerant dumbass, in short.

Having views is fine. Having stupid views that have the overwhelming potential to alienate the same people that pay your bills and earn you a living shows an incredible lack of business sense.

When it comes to business keep yourpersonal views on things like religion, politics (etc etc) to yourself, it'll serve you far better.

Moderates/middles wouldn't be offended either. We aren't that soft, and If I need a pack of smokes and a 30 rack of pbr, I really don't give two ***** about the opinions or hiring practices of the local convenience store proprietor. BTW you were totally offended, enough so to resort to name calling haha

Having views is fine. Having stupid views that have the overwhelming potential to alienate the same people that pay your bills and earn you a living shows an incredible lack of business sense.

Why would you say his views are stupid? Because it doesn't coincide with yours? He owns the business & should run it as he sees fit. Up to you to decide if you want to spend your money there

Limiting your customer base for arbitrary non business related reasons isn't usually a wise move.

Limiting your customer base for arbitrary non business related reasons isn't usually a wise move.
He said his views are stupid. Not the fact that he expressed them. So yeah....

Honesty is the best policy. Dishonesty is what makes the world we have today. At least 50% of it anyway. I know what side I'm on.

Well there's the question... What's a basic living? I see homeless people surviving seemingly with no income. Surely one can live on $12/hr?

What's that come out to after taxes... maybe 400 a week? I'm not going to check or calculate it exactly.
How much to rent a basement apartment in Brampton or Mississauga? Add in some utilities.
How much should 1 expect to pay for groceries in a week?
dont forget your bus pass to get to work...
And now you're broke.

You gotta keep people poor to control them, but if people thing flipping burgers is a $15/hr job they have an extremely inflated view of their worth.
Workers are expendable, especially in today's world/market.

It's degressive... Wages will go down bit by bit.
Even in my public sector, unionized org.... Newer hires earn SIGNIFICANTLY LESS in pay and benefits than we old timers... Once we old guys retire/die off we'll all have been replaced by staff that cost about 35% less.
They've also gone to more and more contract positions. Some day not too long from now there will be no Full Time positions.

One thing that I've noticed is that the full/old timers tend to not give a care about the part/new timers.
Many places with a large staff get gradually crippled by it, and they find that part timers work harder for less pay.
A significant portion of old timers are putting in time, waiting for freedom 51.
Why wouldn't they start/continue hiring that way?

Back
Top Bottom