Min wage increase | Page 30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Min wage increase

I think the liberals went in too far for this to get votes.

What they should have done is mandated $1/year till $15. Wynne knew she needed a hail mary but went too far this time. Hopefully not re-elected.

Question is... If conservatives come in do you want them to A. Cancel $1 bump to $15 and raise a $0.25 a year till $15 B. Cancel $15 and freeze min wage C. Go ahead with $15 in 2019.

Also, most businesses aren't done raising prices yet. They planned to take a hit now and raise a bit and give gradual raises throughout the year to their prices.

So bigger price increase coming in $2019.

You can't fix stupid.And people are for the most part...stupid.She has a pretty good chance of getting in again.

More automation to come. My new business doesn't require employees. I thought about hiring in 2 years when we reach capacity but we will reorganise and avoid hiring. We'll figure it out and automate more.

I agree it's too much too fast, but the whining is against any increase at all.
Whining? No, don't recall any of that on this side of the situation. It's been more akin to telling a kid repeatedly not to touch something because they're going to break it, the kid saying nuh-uh, then breaking the thing they were warned not to touch.

No the whining was from people who don't have the ambition to strive for anything more than a student job, and complaining about their poverty.

Do tell, since you are obviously a supporter. What are some of the benefits of the minimum wage hike?

You can't fix stupid.And people are for the most part...stupid.She has a pretty good chance of getting in again.
I'm seriously hoping that Conservative MPPs will start spreading word throughout the province, about the Hamilton LRT plan. Wynne's promise to spend 1 billion dollars that the province doesn't have, on a train to nowhere, in a city where only a small percentage of the population wants it. A plan that will be paid for by the rest of the taxpayers in the province, was never voted on in this city(aside from council), referendums have been requested and denied. This alone should theoretically be enough get rid of her. But then again, people on average are dumb enough to need constant reminding of where government money comes from.

Kitchener Waterloo is living the LRT nightmare right now. Businesses are going down thanks to road closures and never-ending construction for something that will end up being a huge white elephant once the novelty wears off.

As well, the LRT infrastructure itself -- overhead wires, poles, guys and stays etc -- are hideously ugly and a blight. Traffic has been a mess here for the duration of the construction and now the tracks have screwed up parking and traffic flows. Some businesses have been told by suppliers that they're now on an "undeliverable" list because the tracks don't allow them to park trucks in front of the to drop off inventory.

Projected costs are $820-million just for KWs version, funded by the federal, provincial and regional governments, er, taxpayers.

At least they sourced the trains from a Canadian source (Bombardier.)

Bombardier.Just let the company die ffs. And.....i'm not allowed to talk about the LRT in my own home,so i won't try to talk about it here.

Some people don’t strive for low wage jobs, for some it’s all they can get for a number of different reasons.

So lots of new jobs in the automation and kiosk fields. Those laid off by automation get a push to move up and do something that's worth at least $15. Ever heard someone cry for the assembly line jobs?

Whining? No, don't recall any of that on this side of the situation. It's been more akin to telling a kid repeatedly not to touch something because they're going to break it, the kid saying nuh-uh, then breaking the thing they were warned not to touch.

No the whining was from people who don't have the ambition to strive for anything more than a student job, and complaining about their poverty.

Do tell, since you are obviously a supporter. What are some of the benefits of the minimum wage hike?
The benefit is a stronger economy, obviously. Particularly the market, where more participants improves the potential success of otherwise niche items and increases the competitiveness of all providers. As long as prices don't increase as fast as the minimum wage (and they can't unless an item's cost is made up of 100% minimum wage labour) then the market benefits.

It's the economic equivalent to having a larger population, without actually growing the population.

The only problem I know of is that people's spending patterns don't change as quickly as their incomes, there's a lag while confidence builds in their ability to earn. Yet businesses have to pay them the wage hike from day 1. That's why a gradual approach is so important. But you know, Liberals gotta buy votes. It's what they do.

As for the stupid trope about lazy min wage earners not wanting to put any effort into higher wages, that seems to reflect a common misunderstanding that only the minimum wage will increase. But of course anyone whose skills were more valued than min wage will still have more valued skills, and their wage will eventually increase too. Not in the same proportion, for the most part, but an increase regardless. It will push everyone's wages up a bit so there'll always be more value in gaining skills rather than just coasting through job after job.

With all the talk of the rich getting richer and everyone wanting more I wonder if an underlying cause is a general lack of confidence in the governments, regardless of party.

How many people feel that this is Canada and Canada will stand on guard for us as it was in the old days?

Is it not more like every man for himself?

With all the talk of the rich getting richer and everyone wanting more I wonder if an underlying cause is a general lack of confidence in the governments, regardless of party.

How many people feel that this is Canada and Canada will stand on guard for us as it was in the old days?

Yes. With a few exceptions I think we live in a pretty selfish society.

I agree with you. Not the Canada I remember but the feeling of wanting more is coming from the middle class being squeezed from everywhere. Government with taxes and inefficiencies, work places wanting more productivity etc...

The cost of doing or getting anything has gone up drastically so people need more to make anything happen.

Maybe it's time to move to Norway... Happiest place on the planet.

CBC reports that 82% of wealth gained went to 1% of the population last year. It does not matter if the government is liberal or conservative, the wealthy banks and corporations control and dictate to our government. Shame on those who think the minimum wage raise is somehow a problem.

Meanwhile, the same wealthy in debt third world countries in order to steal their resources...leaving them nothing but crumbs and debt.

Last edited:
Ask Hillary where's the Haiti earthquake fund.

Back
Top Bottom