Min wage increase | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Min wage increase

Are you effin kidding me? I hope you didn't take the bag of returned food. I would b*tch like a mofo.
It seems many McDick's service has followed the path of my local joint....trash.

As far as all the debates about the Tims boycott that I have been seeing...aren't corps allowed to pay and revise benefits as they wish?
I wonder how all the people complaining would feel if someone took money out of their pockets. I don't care if they make tons of money, imo that is not the point. A corp has an obligation to make a profit.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

no I did not accept the returned items
took a refund instead
didn't have the time to let them try again

McD's out here - 2.5 hrs east of TO, are pretty decent
all have had the McCafe remodel in last few years
they are cozy, comfortable and clean

I like the touch screen order machines
take the e-puck to the table and get delivery

coffee is good
burger and side salad is a decent fast food meal
free and fast wifi, good restrooms
a well managed company

As far as all the debates about the Tims boycott that I have been seeing...aren't corps allowed to pay and revise benefits as they wish?
I wonder how all the people complaining would feel if someone took money out of their pockets. I don't care if they make tons of money, imo that is not the point. A corp has an obligation to make a profit.

I don't think a part timer has much clout. They don't have to fire you, just cut back your hours and give you lousy shifts.

A full timer that was hired and told they would get paid breaks would theoretically be able to argue a verbal contract. That would be moments before they started getting bad reviews leading up to dismissal.

I don't think a part timer has much clout. They don't have to fire you, just cut back your hours and give you lousy shifts.

A full timer that was hired and told they would get paid breaks would theoretically be able to argue a verbal contract. That would be moments before they started getting bad reviews leading up to dismissal.

Employment lawyers given blurbs to the media says that removal of paid breaks isn't enough of a hardship to constitute constructive dismissal. The comp package would have to be reduced by much more than 10% before it is worth thinking about in court. Minor changes are allowed and the Tim Hortons letters that have come out are all considered minor changes.

unions aren't interested in minimum wage earners
no money in it for them
and the turn-over rate would make them work for it

lol Get with the program, you are suppose to love your work so much that you Want to work through your breaks! Just like being self employed.
... and unions suk, they never did anything for me except hold me back.

Youngest gets student min wage, and pays union dues. His part time hours were cut slightly this week. But that might only be an aberration.
Only union benefit he gets is $100 off eyeglasses. Luckily, he needs them. Store sells for less and requires volume.

Middle child got regular min wage at a non union place. We’ll see if they switch him down next pay. Store is higher end/higher prices.

Both work at grocery stores. It should be interesting to see how they cope with the changes.

lol Get with the program, you are suppose to love your work so much that you Want to work through your breaks! Just like being self employed.
... and unions suk, they never did anything for me except hold me back.

I dunno I pay myself for breaks, and take them when I want and for how long.
Self employed.

Sent from the moon!

Oh it seems hair cuts are more expensive now, $3 increase at the place I go. This is a direct result of the wage increase.

You can thank Wynne for that!

You can thank Wynne for that!

Typical government thinking. Make a bunch of higher paying jobs by raising the minimum wage instead of encouraging people to further their education and be able to take advantage of better paying, more rewarding careers.

Typical government thinking. Let's buy some votes for the upcoming election.

Typical government thinking. Make a bunch of higher paying jobs by raising the minimum wage instead of encouraging people to further their education and be able to take advantage of better paying, more rewarding careers.

+100
Why should I get a high school diploma/ college/ uni/ trade when I can make $15 an hour?

Upside for me is I will probably lose weight as the cost for take out has already gone up too much for me to handle.

Yeah, nobody should be a hairdresser, and if they are then they shouldn't make enough money to be able to afford more than shoes and bread and a long commute to a rotten shack somewhere in the boonies.

The economy prospers when when the uneducated suffer!

Yeah, nobody should be a hairdresser, and if they are then they shouldn't make enough money to be able to afford more than shoes and bread and a long commute to a rotten shack somewhere in the boonies.

The economy prospers when when the uneducated suffer!
I sometimes wonder who you are responding to. Lol
What's wrong with being a hairdresser?

Sucks more for unionized tradesmen. I gained skills and learned a trade to make a decent buck, now my decent buck isn't very decent anymore, and I'm stuck with it because it's a union contract. And if a union wants more than 1% per year at contract time then you better be ready for 3-6 months of fire barrels and picket signs, and an instant loss of 12-25k in wages. Hard to keep up at 1% per year when 15 years of liberal rule has seen the cost of literally everything jump more than double in that time. I may sound old when I say things like I remember when smokes were $3 a pack, or when gas was 45 cents a liter, or bread was 79 cents etc etc etc. But the truth is, it wasn't that long ago, not long at all. My parents' house cost them 89k 20 years ago, comps in the neighbourhood are over 300 now. 15 years ago an apartment cost me $500/m inclusive, now it's minimum $1k/m plus h+h, in Hamilton... HAMILTON. This is the city where Toronto social workers used to bus their welfare clients to, and it's become too expensive for the working class to afford. Yeah Liberals are great for the poor :banghead:

Oh recent example of the wonderous effects of the min wage increase. Girlfriend just had a job interview this week at an optical store. They told her she's just what they're looking for, but they need to wait and see if they can get a wage subsidy from her employment program, who has btw already run out of their wage subsidy allocation for the year. So basically, the only way this helps the poor, is if they're in a government funded employment program so that employers can get half of this ridiculousness covered by the government. And who funds the government? You guessed it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom