Here We Go... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Here We Go...

Neil_V

Site Supporter
my oppression > your oppression :rolleyes:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/transgender-rights-bill-female-born-spaces-1.4110634

Two feminists are warning the Senate's legal and constitutional affairs committee that passing the federal transgender rights bill could threaten the existence of exclusively "female-born" women's spaces, like rape crisis centres, a controversial argument that has ignited a debate over who should call themselves a woman....

...."What we are saying is: If you were born a female, you are doomed. You are doomed in our society to be second-class. You do not have the privilege of growing as a male and have a choice to choose to be a woman. Surely, you cannot say these are the same thing."

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/the...tivists-slam-canadas-transgender-rights-bill/

Feminist activists in Canada say they’re being “bullied and blackmailed” by a powerful union group because they’ve raised concerns about how a proposed transgender rights bill could destroy exclusively “female-born” women’s spaces like rape crisis centers.

The transgender rights bill, titled C-16, would add “gender identity” and “gender expression” to the protections outlined in the Canadian Human Rights Act and Criminal Code. The House of Commons, which voted in favor of the bill, sent the proposed law changes to the Senate last November.

But “there is no social consensus on what these terms mean,” said Hilla Kerner, a spokeswoman for the collective of Vancouver Rape Relief & Women’s Shelter.

She recently testified to the Red Chamber committee studying the bill, saying this change could interfere with women’s ability to organize, fight for women’s rights, and raise consciousness about issues affecting women. Women’s groups must have “the right to decide who they will serve and who their members are,” she told us.

Earlier this year British Columbia Federation of Labour, an umbrella organization representing many union groups, unanimously passed a resolution calling on all their affiliates to avoid donating to “trans* exclusionary organizations,” specifically mentioning the Vancouver Rape Relief and Women’s Shelter.

The measure amounts to a de facto boycott of the Vancouver Rape Relief & Women’s Shelter, the oldest rape crisis center in Canada, Kerner said. Already, the group has been disinvited from union events, and union-affiliated speakers have also had to cancel scheduled addresses.

“They are interfering with our political work, our public work,” Kerner said. “This is an informal attempt to bully us and blackmail us to change our position.”

“We cannot have legislation that ignores what it means to be born female,” Kerner explained to Heat Street. “This law is not explicitly calling for that, but surely there will be the implication of forcing the hand of women’s groups to accept self-identified women, even though they lived all their life with male privilege.”

She added: “We were born without the choice of being a woman or not. People can have whatever feelings they have, but I think it’s a mistake to define womanhood on internal feeling and not based on the experience of woman’s oppression.”

Kerner told Heat Street she supports transgender rights and acknowledges the oppression transgender people face.

“We know from our life as women, every time we challenge what it is to be a woman in this patriarchal society, we face punishment– so we have a lot of sympathy for transgender people,” she said.

But she said the transgender community needs to create and run its own organizations instead of merely joining groups founded to serve those who were born female and have lived their entire lives as women.

Get off our lawn!

So much awesome in this lol

But mom... shes looking out my window, I told her to look out her own window, but she keeps looking out mine!!!!!

wait wait wait
I thought Feminism is about EQUALITY for ALL...uhm
Didn't the Feminists Party fight to allow transwomen to use the women's washrooms.
Let more transwomen into women sports...they are already getting their jaws broken and other bones.
Then the "real women" will have to engage in exclusion of the transwomen....oh this is going to get good.

How do we start a movement to get more transwomen into women only sports e.g. soccer and basketball...gymnastics?
lol that would be good, a low ranking male gymnast (50th rank) switches from men to women and wins the gold, silver, bronze...3 transwomen getting the glory...oh man this is going to get entertaining:lmao:

#FeministParty

Fk CBC, who reads that crap?

If you translate the currently-accepted number of gender-identities into the binary system, you'll find yourself two nibbles short of a byte.

I have a simple solution to this and it's actually scientific. There are 2 genders: XX and XY. Everything else is a mental health issue.

I have a simple solution to this and it's actually scientific. There are 2 genders: XX and XY. Everything else is a mental health issue.

Your argument needs to be more eloquent than that, when their entire case is that sex != gender.

There most definitely are 2 sexes, and a bunch of possible but very unlikely mutations in between. However, the nut-brigade desperately wants you to understand that just because you have a D between your legs doesn't mean you have to act like you have a D between your legs. You can act like you have a V down there instead. Or maybe an X or an H, or maybe just a blank space like Ken and Barbie.

What the morons don't understand is that even if they win this battle, infinite others will pop up as more and more idiots decide to further categorize themselves within the new hierarchy. Well, I identify as a woman, but Im a man, but I also sometimes feel like Im a sofa. Im oppressed!

Your argument needs to be more eloquent than that, when their entire case is that sex != gender.

There most definitely are 2 sexes, and a bunch of possible but very unlikely mutations in between. However, the nut-brigade desperately wants you to understand that just because you have a D between your legs doesn't mean you have to act like you have a D between your legs. You can act like you have a V down there instead. Or maybe an X or an H, or maybe just a blank space like Ken and Barbie.

What the morons don't understand is that even if they win this battle, infinite others will pop up as more and more idiots decide to further categorize themselves within the new hierarchy. Well, I identify as a woman, but Im a man, but I also sometimes feel like Im a sofa. Im oppressed!

As Jordan Peterson pointed out, making more and more small interest groups essentially expands to an infinite number of groups which could actually mean a special group for each person on earth which of course logically collapses.

The Trans/LGBTQRSTUV agenda is not about logic, reason, or rights. It's about control of those that aren't "them". Of course they don't even know what "they" are.......

My biggest problem with this nonsense is that its working its way into schools, and perhaps very soon childrens services. I have to do more reading, but Bill 89 right now is looking completely disastrous. We're talking about a possibility of having your children taken away from you if you choose not to accommodate their gender fantasies from a young age.

This is bordering on child abuse and its completely without foundation. Studies already show that a vast majority of kids who question their genders simply grow out of it by adulthood.

My biggest problem with this nonsense is that its working its way into schools, and perhaps very soon childrens services. I have to do more reading, but Bill 89 right now is looking completely disastrous. We're talking about a possibility of having your children taken away from you if you choose not to accommodate their gender fantasies from a young age.

This is bordering on child abuse and its completely without foundation. Studies already show that a vast majority of kids who question their genders simply grow out of it by adulthood.

You should read that article I posted about Australian schools changing kids genders without parental consent.

I'd repost it but I'd be labeled a racists/bigoted/intolerant loon.

I know, hence the irony of this story...it will be fun to see how it plays out...transwomen women will be the new Feminism 4th wave...lol

Those who transition from female to male... Do they automatically get paid more?

Those who transition from female to male... Do they automatically get paid more?

haven't you noticed they only care when a man trans to female...Catlyn so brave and a HER0 ...won the woman of the year
but a woman becoming a man...they don't care...you are now the enemy.

http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2016/05/gresham_barlow_transgender_tea.html

lol

The Gresham-Barlow School District has agreed to pay $60,000 and make sweeping changes across its nearly two dozen campuses after a transgender elementary school teacher complained of more than a year of harassment from coworkers.

Leo Soell, a fifth-grade teacher at Hall Elementary School, came out as transgender last spring after surviving breast cancer.

The harassment started soon after, Soell said in a complaint submitted to district officials, and continued even after the school hosted an hourlong training on transgender issues.

Soell identifies as neither male nor female and uses the pronoun they instead of he or she. But, Soell wrote, coworkers continuously called Soell "she," "lady" or "Miss Soell." Someone smeared Vaseline on Soell's cabinets, the complaint said, and another yelled insults in the school hallway. Others conspired to prevent Soell from using the school's lone gender-neutral bathroom, the complaint said.

Freakin incredible :p

[video=youtube;BdoSddjV_q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdoSddjV_q0[/video]

Back
Top Bottom