German Pliers | GTAMotorcycle.com

German Pliers

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Buddy in Australia carries a pair. Looks very useful.

71lvvg3-GyL._SL1500_.jpg

[video=youtube;pUCY9w7Oco0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUCY9w7Oco0[/video]

any comments?

Maybe to do something with a plumbing repair.Looks like one size fits none to me.

I'll still trust my adjustable wrench more. With this the sizes are dictated by the teeth, no? And if your grip slips you start to round off the nut?

No idea about this particular wrench but Knipex is definitely top-notch shiz. I wanna try one.

Looks cool. Same mechanism that tightens grip also allows 'ratcheting' action.couod be useful for random shiz.

The flat surface (no teeth) are great because it doesn't damage the material (ie. bolt/nut). I still prefer channellock's pliers though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez, I could have used a set of those a few weeks ago when I was gnashing my knuckles into my exhaust support brackets trying to re and re my rear tire with a variety of wrenches, sockets, and curse words.

Someone take my money.

Not tried one, but interested. I don't keep an adjustable because I don't trust the grip, but this mech looks promising. That said, my trust again dwindles...

....If truly German engineered, why imperial?

Investment hardware carries a good selection.

I have the 8" and they are great when you don't have a full set of wrenches available. The notches change the jaw opening by ~ 1/8". Within each adjustment notch, the jaw moves ~1/4" so all sizes are covered from 0 to >1.25". You have mechanical advantage on closing the jaws of about 12:1 so with a grip strength of 100 lbs, you have 1200 lbs closing the jaws. I've never had trouble with them slipping, but I have also never used them on something that was balls tight. If it's that tight I try to get proper tools out to do the job.

If I don't mind marking/destroying the fastener, channelocks or knipex water pump pliers probably hold on a bit better but they make a mess. Adjustable wrenches are a pain in the *** as if they are screwed in tight enough that they won't try to round the fastener when you pull, they don't go on and off the fastener well. The plier-wrenches are a great tool, the only downside is the price.

Last edited:
Mine are marked both imperial and metric. It looks like the last 3 numbers in the part # are length in mm. Capacity is listed in mm and ".

Metric AND Imperial! Trust shattered. I'll still give em a whirl, price dependant of course.

Home Depot carries them if you want to play with the mechanism in person. My local HD only has the 'Cobra' serrated pipe wrench version on the shelf , but the mechanism is the same and is really very nice. It's almost $80 for the 6" wrench version though.

I don't think you understand the mechanism very well.

I understand it perfectly.I turn wrenches for a living and see the results of people using multitools all the time.Being "german made" usually means it's overengineered and overpriced.If i took my bike to a mechanic who had one of those things in his hand,i'd run the other direction as quick as i could.

This is why I don't own a traditional adjustable. Perception is everything.

It has been my experience with tools that will do many things is that it doesn't perform any single task well.

Back
Top Bottom