News: National Post | Ten ways to reduce the chances of getting a ticket | GTAMotorcycle.com

News: National Post | Ten ways to reduce the chances of getting a ticket

Don't drive like a jackass and you should be fine. Also there's a speed trap at Univertsity NB at Sick Kids.

That article must have been commissioned by the opp/tps. In a nutshell, being a cop is hard so bend over and take your ticket.

I've been stopped 5 times in 20+ years. Here are the results:

1: Signalled immediately and pulled over in a well lit area out of traffic. Polite & compliant.
Ticket

2: Signalled immediately and pulled over. Polite, friendly chat with cop.
Ticket

3: Didn't know the cop was behind me. He was mad but he was also in his personal vehicle with no lights and no id. I flipped out at him and told him I'd see him in court.
No ticket

4: Cop was following a group of us for more than half an hour. We decided to split up and go home. He stuck with me so I accelerated a little quickly but kept it under the limit. He jumped the gun and lit me up. He was ******.
No ticket.

5: Pulled over immediately. Told cop I was in a hurry to get home because I had to drop a deuce.
No ticket

tl;dr My results are the complete opposite of the article. Ymmv

5: Pulled over immediately. Told cop I was in a hurry to get home because I had to drop a deuce.
No ticket

Yeah, but if he wanted to be a dick, flex his ego, didn't like your look, etc., he could take his time and watch you squirm.

Piece needs written because writer needs paycheck and newspapers' raison d'etre. Simply put, don't be a dick and hope for the best. Dr Phil coulda made an hour out of that, same result.

One time I was nice to a cop and he decided to ticket me for speeding when a much more dangerous eighteen wheeler (relatively speaking to my 2700 pound car) that was speeding right beside me was let free.

Go figure.

But I'll see cops make lane changes without signalling all the time. Do they ticket themselves?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
what ever the reason, always fight in court IF

1. You can step out from work without loss of pay
2. If the court is within 50KM of your work place / home

also IF
3. You have female nature because take no responsibility/have no agency/hey check me out/somebody elses fault/who me?/law is misogynistic/daddy issues/does this ticket make my *** look fat/on pill/not on pill/wage and other gaps/selfie/tramp stamp and cheers.

This line "Apply your emergency flashers and pull out your licence, insurance and registration" Really?
The paper wants you to get shot? You just get pulled over and cop sees you making all these movements in the car. umm no.
dont farging move your hands off the wheel until you are asked for these documents.

cool cop story. now granted it was almost 40yrs ago (1980ish) so exact places and things probably not there now. But was downtown at around 8pm, went up a ramp onto Gardener. Cop followed me up and pulled me over.
I did not have license or proof of insurance. Cop was going to make me leave car there. I said it would probably get hit and i convinced him to let me drive the car off the hwy and to a near by gas station
while he followed me.

he then drove me (me in front seat of cop car) to the subway station. We chatted about car chases and stuff and he said about the only car that got away from him in the twisties was a Volkswagen Rabbit.
We get to the subway and he says, you want to get in for free? Drives me into the area where the busses go and i get out. Went back next day to pick up car.

Back
Top Bottom