Where can I buy hardened steel chain in GTA? 14mm or thicker | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where can I buy hardened steel chain in GTA? 14mm or thicker

-D-

Banned
Anyone know where to get some strong hardened steel chains from in the GTA?
Looking for at least 14mm thick prefer 16mm or thicker.

Thanks!

All grade bolt and chain , mississauga. Princess auto carries transport grade chain, don't know if its a thick as you wish.

Live in a condo?

Lowes sells some pretty hefty chain, cut to length, not sure if it's hardened.

Ha, I think cut to length defeats the purpose. If you can easily cut it in the aisle at lowes, I don't think it will keep his bike safe.

Also you can mix extremely hot sauce power or extract into paint and coat the chain. Then put a nylon wrap/or rubber coating. Even a bicycle tube works. Then if they grind into it they release a from of pepper spray into the air.

Fill a bicycle inner tube with bear spray, sealing the ends of course. Probably don't even needs a chain.

Fill a bicycle inner tube with bear spray, sealing the ends of course. Probably don't even needs a chain.

Set up a motion cam. That would be gold to see.

Set up a motion cam. That would be gold to see.

They say if you can think of it somebody's already done it (not talking about curing cancer). A comprehensive internet search would likely unearth the very action you propose. Ain't it great?

You can also weave Kevlar rope through the chain knotted or stitched at the end links (so it cannot be pulled out) which will make it near impossible to cut with a grinder and bolt cutters will cut the chain but not the rope. Now they need a REALLY sharp knife or some high end Kevlar scissors.

The catch with any of this, the chain is only as strong as the weakest like, which may be the lock itself. Unless you can come up with a way to protect the pad lock (you have access, thieves do not or at least cannot get a tool on it).

I think you can order hefty size chain at Brafasco. I bought some there several years ago and I think the thickest they stocked at the store was 12mm.

Ha, I think cut to length defeats the purpose. If you can easily cut it in the aisle at lowes, I don't think it will keep his bike safe.
The staff use a hydraulic cutter, you don't cut the chain yourself with a pair of side cutters. You need to get out more.

The staff use a hydraulic cutter, you don't cut the chain yourself with a pair of side cutters. You need to get out more.

I've used the hydraulic cutter at lowes. It could also be easily, quickly and quietly used in a garage. If I'm buying chain for security, I want something that requires fire to cut it.

Back
Top Bottom