Mexican drug violence. What to do? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mexican drug violence. What to do?

jc100

I like Mexico. Love the food, love the people. What's been going on there for years is just total tragedy. Look at this...

Mexican who searched for 'disappeared' is killed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-39892553

Journalists, politicians, students, innocent bystanders. No one is immune from this crazy cartel violence. There's obscene profits involved in the drugs business which is obviously the driving force.

So...how does this get resolved? Ideas?

Safest solution for me is to stay away, friends and I just booked a vacation and Mexico was out of the running early on. I'd love to go one day but it has been off my personal list since the late 90's. I'm not a sit at the resort person, I like to explore.

Honestly I don't think any amount of policing is going to do much at this point. Crime is a way of life and a life isn't worth much in the cartel's eyes

Build a wall!

Cartels own the cities. Everyone is paid off and falls in line, or is killed.

Not gonna change that unfortunately.

Needs a two pronged approach. Make drugs legal everywhere and then kill all drug users. The drug cartels will be like...wha???

I've been to Mexico 7 times, most recently 2 years ago. Cozumel, Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Puerto Vallarta. Never a problem. I've even looked into renting a condo down there for a winter.

Most people will tell you the violence takes place more toward the north, near the border where all the drug trade takes place.

If you don't like it, don't go.

Take away demand for their product.

If you want to shut down any business you have to eliminate the desire for their product. The "Say no to drugs" idea hasn't wiped out the trade.

If you consider alcohol a drug due to its mind altering ability you will note it's been a problem for thousands of years with no brilliant solutions. Why would we expect solutions for other substances?

Demonizing and prohibition haven't worked. Inspiring people to quit could work but I don't see a lot of feel-good alternatives out there.

Take away demand for illegal drugs.

I've been to Mexico 7 times, most recently 2 years ago. Cozumel, Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Puerto Vallarta. Never a problem. I've even looked into renting a condo down there for a winter.

Most people will tell you the violence takes place more toward the north, near the border where all the drug trade takes place.

If you don't like it, don't go.

Exaxtly!

I haven't stayed away. It's not in the cartels interest to mess with tourists but there is the occasional incident where a tourist gets caught up in violence.

I've been wondering how you stop this kind of violence though. I'll need to check but I'm not sure if it's worse than Columbia a decade or so ago. In Columbia the violence was quasi political whearas this is totally criminal. Columbia's solution was to allow FARC into the political arena. You can't do that in Mexico, they aren't interested in politics. Vigilante groups have been set up in towns with some success and they have even kept the army and police out (they don't trust any of them, riddled with corruption) but then there have been instances of vigilante groups being corrupted by opposing cartels. The whole thing is lunacy.

Reminds me of university life.

If you want to shut down any business you have to eliminate the desire for their product. The "Say no to drugs" idea hasn't wiped out the trade.

If you consider alcohol a drug due to its mind altering ability you will note it's been a problem for thousands of years with no brilliant solutions. Why would we expect solutions for other substances?

Demonizing and prohibition haven't worked. Inspiring people to quit could work but I don't see a lot of feel-good alternatives out there.

Organized crime peaked under prohibition. Why would a 'war on drugs' have a differing outcome. Fighting human nature is an exercise in futility....

....which is why they fight it. Money to be made on all sides. Want to fix it, stop trying to fix people.

I haven't stayed away. It's not in the cartels interest to mess with tourists but there is the occasional incident where a tourist gets caught up in violence.

I've been wondering how you stop this kind of violence though. I'll need to check but I'm not sure if it's worse than Columbia a decade or so ago. In Columbia the violence was quasi political whearas this is totally criminal. Columbia's solution was to allow FARC into the political arena. You can't do that in Mexico, they aren't interested in politics. Vigilante groups have been set up in towns with some success and they have even kept the army and police out (they don't trust any of them, riddled with corruption) but then there have been instances of vigilante groups being corrupted by opposing cartels. The whole thing is lunacy.

I think this problem is easily solved.
Export the refugees/migrants from the Islamic countries to Mexico.
Weather is similar (I think).

Now the rules of Islam prevents drug use...and the Mexicans and Islamist can engage in cleaning up the place.:cool:

I think this problem is easily solved.
Export the refugees/migrants from the Islamic countries to Mexico.
Weather is similar (I think).

Now the rules of Islam prevents drug use...and the Mexicans and Islamist can engage in cleaning up the place.:cool:

Would that be OK with the globalists tho? Isn't everybody supposed to do what the globalists want? Bringing muslims to Mexico isn't exactly diluting the white man is it and I believe Mexicans produce plenty babies but will double check that.

Would that be OK with the globalists tho? Isn't everybody supposed to do what the globalists want? Bringing muslims to Mexico isn't exactly diluting the white man is it and I believe Mexicans produce plenty babies but will double check that.

It's a natural solution to solve the drug and violence issues.
The religion of peace will arrive.

Unless you support drug dealers and violence then we must institute this solution.:lmao:

Legalize and tax it.

This

Organized crime peaked under prohibition.

And this. Homicide actually increased 100% during prohibition. When Portugal decriminalized ALL drugs, the incidence of abuse decreased, less money was spent on incarceration which freed up more funds for rehabilitation, incidence of AIDS decreased. It was a win, win, win, etc. Sell everything in pharmacies and tax it. Why would anyone buy questionable drugs on the street when they can get guaranteed stuff in pharmacies so long as the prices are reasonable? Even at slightly inflated prices, it would be successful. Liquor in Ontario is incredibly expensive relatively speaking, and I can honestly say I've never had a friend buy bathtub gin to save a buck. Finally, put a reasonable age restriction and you'll eliminate a great deal of the problems. When I was in high school it was substantially easier to get just about any drug than it was to get alcohol.

will the Bank Corp. want to give up their cut on the BILLIONS or TRILLIONS of $$ moving around their various banks

Back
Top Bottom