This spring SUCKS so far. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

This spring SUCKS so far.

I haven't had to put rain tires on the race bike yet, but only because at VRRA my final was early and it started raining on pre grid (too late to change, everyone was on slicks and just dealt with it), and this past weekend, it rained in the last half hour of endurance (I ran it on slicks and just dealt with it) and Sunday morning practice, which I skipped. So far, this summer has sucked for weather, too.

I have been commuting every day on the bike rain or shine. Last week (Thursday?) I put on full rain gear just in case and got caught in several torrential downpours. Suit kept me bone dry. It was actually fun. Saw some poor sportbikers with no gear getting sopped. Mostly I have managed to dodge the rain this year by luck. Cold weather this week, but that doesn't bother me. It sure would be nice to get some 30 deg. heat though. Looks like summer is cancelled this year. Booo.

Broke out our rain gear this past Sunday coming home from Kingston area. Made it as far as Brockville before the first rain wave passed over us, thankfully I had been watching the radar and knew it was coming so we timed it with a lunch stop.

Then made it as far as Brighton before the next wave, and waited that out as well.

Got tired of waiting out the waves as they were never ending, so we geared up in our rain kit at that point and hit the road. Torrential rain west of Newscastle, but we just kept going through it at that point, it was what it was - passed a bunch of guys on HD's a few K before the rain hit that hadn't geared up (shorts and T-shirts, sigh) and were sitting on the side of the road soaked as we passed them in our full rain gear. Was glad I sprayed down our visors with Rain-X before the trip, it beaded right off.

The rain was one thing, but the horrendous wind was another on Sunday - some of the gusts were borderline dangerous, especially since I had my daughter on the back, my big luggage bag on the cargo rack, and between all that side-frontage as well as my fairing, etc...it was really pushing me around.

Anyhow, tomorrow looks good, might try to get out in the evening after work.

Saturday looks hit and miss but Sunday and Holiday Monday are looking quite nice, actually. Wow, how nice it would be to string together 48 whole hours without rain.

Kinda sucked here the last few days. Raining now. I will get out tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom