This spring SUCKS so far. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

This spring SUCKS so far.

I hear you ... take some time off and go ride somewhere south for a week or two.

For me, that's August - I have most of the month off. With any luck it doesn't feckin' rain all month, but even if does, at least one big trip out to the Manitoba border area is likely happening regardless of the forecast.

For me, that's August - I have most of the month off. With any luck it doesn't feckin' rain all month, but even if does, at least one big trip out to the Manitoba border area is likely happening regardless of the forecast.
You sir, deserved a troply for being hardcore

Me no like rain

Must be nice. I swear in the last month or so here there hasn't been 36 hours here in the GTA where it hasn't rained.

The farmers are now up in arms as it's been so wet that they can't even get their crops planted.

This is the polar opposite of last year.

Unfortunately, I had to work 7-4:30 all weekend outside.
I did manage to get some riding in though, even if only in a parking lot.
Forgot to redo my sunscreen today, and the red-head gene is now demanding it's due.

This summer is truly terrible, rain almost every other day, if not then it's windy as hell. WTF. And when it's nice out, I'm slaving away at work, looking through my window and day dream about riding.

Just can't have a break with this shittty weather.

It's not summer yet. Welcome to spring!

You sir, deserved a troply for being hardcore

If I'm sitting at home and contemplating going for a burger an hour away and it starts raining, I'm not leaving the garage.

If we have a day trip planned and the forecast is for rain from sun-up to sun-down, we'll take the cage instead, or not go.

However, if we have a 3 or 4 day trip planned and 1 or 2 of those days include rain in the forecast, well...that's what rain gear is for.

As for the above mentioned trip, it's with 2 other super hardcore riders - rain won't stop us no matter what, but I will admit after a few days of riding in it (in the case of a persistent weather pattern that just doesn't eff off) it grates on you. Been there.

It's not summer yet. Welcome to spring!

I hope I don't need to update the thread title, but at this point I'm thinking I'm going to need to do that when the time comes. Summer starts Wednesday.

Last edited:
It rained literally 6 times today.

The flowers in our front garden are dying because they're actually drowning and starting to rot..

Rode through the rain yesterday and today. I had my gear on. I'm still pretty bummed about how rainy this summer is. Grass doesn't stop growing and everything is green, but I kind of want a repeat of last year.

Been a beautiful Spring so far, here in God's country. :angel11:

Get out here and enjoy more than just gridlock!

They just ran a spot on Breakfast Television about spring thus far. Something close to 400mm of rain and statistically it did indeed rain every other day.

Reportedly summer is going to be "normal" rainfall amounts. Not so sure about that since tomorrow and Friday are supposed to be washouts to start the season.

We just got our allocated 5 drops of rain. Time for a ride. :D

Something I didn't know....the train line to Churchill Manitoba is out of commission as parts of the track got washed away in floods a while back. There's a Via engine currently stranded in Churchill. Tourism is badly affected and the locals aren't too pleased.

Diversify the toys. Nice all day, go for a cruise up north. Raining, go play in the mud on the ATV. Bit of rain, take the dirtbike/mountainbike.

Or stay at home and complain about the weather.

Looks like the weather gods are going to smile upon this coming weekend, at least, which is appreciated as we have our first overnighter trip of the season planned with friends. Calling for the possibility of spotty passing showers on Sunday, but I'll take it - have rain gear, will ride.

Had an awesome ride today. Hoping for another shorter one, tomorrow.

Thread title updated...only seems to have effected the first post though.

I left 1 too many windows cracked open last night by accident and since it was all of 9 (!) degrees outside right now I actually had to turn on the furnace this morning to take the chill out of the house and keep the fam happy.

And oh look, more rain. Wednesday looks nice, then more of the same Thursday, Friday...Saturday.... :angry1:

<grumble>

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom