This spring SUCKS so far. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

This spring SUCKS so far.

Meh, one of my riding buddies lives in Constance Bay, HE'S had a rough Spring.

Just gotta bump this, looking at the forecast. Still rainy and cold, half the weekend is forecasted to be a washout, and the first week of June is forecasted to be between 5c and 10c colder than it should be.

Looks like it might be freakin' JULY this year before we even dip a toe in our pool, riding aside.

The forecast for this past weekend had been iffy, but at least where I was (Grand Bend Motorplex) it ended up being great conditions for racing the whole weekend. I heard that it rained elsewhere ...

I'm bringing my rain tires to Shannonville for VRRA this coming weekend in the hope that I won't need them. Sunday doesn't look promising.

I just picked up an Olympia Odyssey one-piece suit. Similar to an Aerostich Roadcrafter, just half the price and available without cross-border shipping. Being able to put it on or off in about 20 seconds makes it way more likely that I'll take the bike in cooler or damp weather rather than just hop in the car. It has some really good vents so it should work well for commuting on days like this spring where it's 10 degrees and wet in the morning and goes up to 20 or 25 degrees in the afternoon.

Weee.aa.ther hab, been, berry berry gud, to me!

Not sure if any will get the reference, but it's been pretty nice when I've had the bike out.

I did have some rain when returning from the GTA, though. Maybe it's you? ;)

I'm committed to being out on the bike tonight, and the next couple of weekends.

Hoping for good weather, but storing gear in trunk for not so nice weather.

Really hoping we have a warm and dry September, October, and maybe part of November to offset this spring. I only have time to ride on weekends, so I haven't even put 1000km on the bike yet this year.

Went for a 5am coffee run streets totally deserted beautiful time of the day this time off year except almost got taken out by two cars who probably didn't expect a motorcycle and whatnot. Coffee run last night was foiled due to rain. I'm probably alive right now because of that. You never know. Nice chatting. L8r

This being the 50th anniversary of the 1967 so-called "Summer of Love" I was truly hoping for better, like legal dope, wild music and unusually steamy-hot weather with scantily clad hipster chicks. Seems it was all an illusion...

Have you seen Grace Slick recently? It was all an illusion.

Went for a 5am coffee run streets totally deserted beautiful time of the day this time off year except almost got taken out by two cars who probably didn't expect a motorcycle and whatnot. Coffee run last night was foiled due to rain. I'm probably alive right now because of that. You never know. Nice chatting. L8r

Cars
Will be
Cars

Garrett Morris
BaseAball hab been berry berry gud, TO ME! Got out for another ride today, just after the big Thunder boomer here. Also, succeeded doing the MOST II test on my own bike :)

This happened today. Going uphill in the rain. Traffic stopped for "no reason". I stopped but pulled tight to the sidewalk. I heard two bangs and then a car skidding past me on the left. It was a driving school car. He was hit from behind by the guy who was hit from behind. If I had stayed in the lane I would have received a good thumping. There was no reason to stay so I just continued home. Then a lady in a Volvo station wagon turned left in front of me. That's 4 near misses today. I can go months without a near miss. Strange.

Just bumping this thread as I sit grumbling on the couch, watching the 30th rainstorm of the last four days roll through. Friend had a ride up to Minden and back today planned, canceled courtesy of the unpredictable storms - A few of them rolled through here today, would not have been fun to be caught in.

Such is going to be the story of the summer from the looks of it. I want last year back.

We had one storm roll through near Ottawa around noon. Five minutes of rain and gone.

We had one storm roll through near Ottawa around noon. Five minutes of rain and gone.

Must be nice. I swear in the last month or so here there hasn't been 36 hours here in the GTA where it hasn't rained.

The farmers are now up in arms as it's been so wet that they can't even get their crops planted.

This is the polar opposite of last year.

How many lines of storms can go through in a single day? It's raining again.

This summer is truly terrible, rain almost every other day, if not then it's windy as hell. WTF. And when it's nice out, I'm slaving away at work, looking through my window and day dream about riding.

Just can't have a break with this shittty weather.

This summer is truly terrible, rain almost every other day, if not then it's windy as hell. WTF. And when it's nice out, I'm slaving away at work, looking through my window and day dream about riding.

Just can't have a break with this shittty weather.

I hear you ... take some time off and go ride somewhere south for a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom