This spring SUCKS so far. | GTAMotorcycle.com

This spring SUCKS so far.

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
This spring (and now summer) SUCKS so far.

shittyweather.jpg

Ugh. Cold weather, rain, cold, frost, rain, cold, more rain, rain, rain rain rain rain, cold.

This time last year I had a few thousand K worth of enjoyable rides in already, this spring is sorely lacking in comparison.

I know we were spoiled last spring, but even by "normal" standards we are wet and cold this year. At least it looks like things start to turn around Monday....after yet another cold rainy weekend. :rolleyes:

Just needed to vent.

Last edited:
I know, it sucks eh. Going riding tomorrow regardless. Will bring heated jacket.

I'm manipulating the weather by wanting to wash my car but not actually doing it

No sympathy here. Every day I get out for a couple small loops c/w coffee. I do have a small roof leak tho. FML.

I seem to recall February being better than this ... at least, relative to expectations.

Got a short ride in this evening, which was not bad.

My grass looks good. And by grass I mean grass and not "exotic ferns".

I harvested my lawns a few days ago - it was long enough I could have baled the clippings and made some nice hay for the horses.

And yes, I mean my grass grass as well, not anything exotic. ;)

I seem to recall February being better than this ... at least, relative to expectations.

I'm pretty sure it WAS better than this - I remember 1 day reaching into the 20's. I don't think we had one day in all of April and May as of yet to touch it since.

I'm on vacation the week of May two-four and have a ~1300K trip planned.... I'm sure hoping mother nature gets the twist out of her panties by then.

I'm pretty sure it WAS better than this - I remember 1 day reaching into the 20's. I don't think we had one day in all of April and May as of yet to touch it since.

That was the one day I rode out to Caledonia to pick up some powder coating from Indian Mike. He was extremely enthused about all things weather and motorbikes that day, he sure was.

I cant push a mow through my meadow of a lawn. May have to buy some sheep....... oh wait, there's that pesky court order..... no sheep.

Only saving grace is my commute is short, so the cold don't really get to me, but any long rides are still on hold for now....

next week looks promising....

Front lawn looks great, back not so much yet, but it gets the least amount of sun, even when there is sun.....

Nest year the exotic grass will be planted, curious to see if it will grow in the wilds of my backyard....

It hasn't been all that bad. Ya we've seen a good amount of rain and the early mornings have been pretty chilly but I've still racked up over 3k km so far since April.

The only **** days are the weekend. This is why riding during the week is a must. Its not a dedicated day of riding, but at least I'm not in a car. I see the look fellow bikers stuck in the cars give me. :D Its still cold out there though.. felt my TC kick on a few times today.

The past couple weeks hasn't been so bad temperature wise, its the random days of heavy rain that suck.

Been riding everyday with heated gloves on in the morning, and warm enough to have them turned off in the afternoon/evening heading home after work (1.5 hrs each way).

I did learn that my heated gloves aren't waterproof and weigh a ton when they're wet - that day sucked..

I personally think anything in double digits is good enough, my complaint is work has been so busy lately I haven't gotten to ride my bike other than getting to/from work.

Finally got out for a few hours this evening, but it was the first time in weeks.

Problem is the weekends have been crappy rainy washouts, and the evenings have been uncomfortably/unenjoyably cool. I work M-F, and my commute is too short to really go through the hassle of gearing up for a 5 minute ride only to have to store all my gear somewhere at work, and repeat.

Finally got out for a few hours this evening, but it was the first time in weeks.

Problem is the weekends have been crappy rainy washouts, and the evenings have been uncomfortably/unenjoyably cool. I work M-F, and my commute is too short to really go through the hassle of gearing up for a 5 minute ride only to have to store all my gear somewhere at work, and repeat.
Same for me, my "commute" lasts about eight minutes, not even worth gearing up for.
The other drawback of working at a concrete company, my van is always covered in grey Portland dust and I'm not doing that to the bike.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom