Honda C90 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda C90

His ride thru Iran was a real eye opener. Oddly, he (and the girl) got more hassle in Quebec.

I watched the cross-Canada part, couldn't decide whether I was rooting for them or not. Mostly thought they were idiots for doing it in the winter. But I guess everyone balances risk/adventure differently

I got a CT90 and want to do part of the TCAT on it, so it was sort of inspiration there. But thats mostly dirt. I wouldn't wanna be on the trans canada highway in winter (or summer) on a 90....

I remember these bikes from 45 - 50 years ago. Friend had a Honda 50cc step through and the 90cc was considered the "big" bike version of the 50. Other friend had a 50cc Honda minibike and I had the "big" CT70. These bikes were indestructible, went everywhere and were a gas.

I've been trying to find a CT110 (any year with a dual-range sub-tranny) for awhile now.... I know North America isn't their biggest market but I still can't believe how hard they are to find considering how many millions have been sold world-wide.

I've been trying to find a CT110 (any year with a dual-range sub-tranny) for awhile now.... I know North America isn't their biggest market but I still can't believe how hard they are to find considering how many millions have been sold world-wide.

If you don't care about it being titled, usually there are tons in the US on craigslist etc. There is a facebook group called Honda CT 90 Owners, very active community and they will frequently post craigslist ads for bikes (90s and 110s)

If you want a titled one here, you could get a CT90 and pick up a 110 engine off of ebay if you don't mind a mismatched bike

I watched the cross-Canada part, couldn't decide whether I was rooting for them or not. Mostly thought they were idiots for doing it in the winter. But I guess everyone balances risk/adventure differently

I got a CT90 and want to do part of the TCAT on it, so it was sort of inspiration there. But thats mostly dirt. I wouldn't wanna be on the trans canada highway in winter (or summer) on a 90....

what is TCAT ?

what is TCAT ?
Trans Canada Adventure Trail. You can view maps and read more about it at graveltravel.ca

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

what is TCAT ?

Trans Canada Adventure Trail. You can view maps and read more about it at graveltravel.ca

Yep, basically a string of trails (mostly dirt) that go from east to west coast, I believe its 15,000 km. You can email the people from graveltravel.ca and they'll send you a gps file for the whole thing.

It's always on the back of my mind when working on the CT90 and DT400 :)

That looks like great adventure. I wonder if a street bike with knobbies could do it. My bike's resale value will have depreciated to the 'got nothing to lose stage' in another year or two

Sent from my X5max_PRO using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

That looks like great adventure. I wonder if a street bike with knobbies could do it. My bike's resale value will have depreciated to the 'got nothing to lose stage' in another year or two

I think only a handful of people have done the whole trail coast to coast so far, the "completed" (mapped) trail is relatively new I think, only a few years old. Jeez that must be amazing though.

But yea, the 90 has made me fall in love with the lightweight bikes for sure. It helps that mine pulls like a god damn tractor in low range too :D

Finally found myself a CT 110!! Nothing was popping up on kijiji so I posted a "wanted" ad, and a few weeks later voila! Excited to play around on this little thing :)

VIJhdCF.jpg

6RJn8HE.jpg

3tsp7Wh.jpg

9ElBanh.jpg

Ok what sort of license do you need to travel parts of the TCAT? I've got a minibike and am near the trail.

Congrats Xhumeka. That's in great shape.

Has the odo rolled or is that real mileage?

Is the black gas tank plumbed in or do you dump in in the main tank when you need it?

Real mileage - got it from the original owner; a bike for his wife who never rode much...

The tank is not plumbed, you have to dump it in. I hear a lot of people use it for whiskey instead of fuel lol

Ok what sort of license do you need to travel parts of the TCAT? I've got a minibike and am near the trail.
Depends. Many parts of the Ontario section are gravel roads and blue plates are required. At the least you'd get away with a green plate and offroad insurance in certain sections. You'd have to research on the website to find dedicated offroad sections.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Real mileage - got it from the original owner; a bike for his wife who never rode much...

The tank is not plumbed, you have to dump it in. I hear a lot of people use it for whiskey instead of fuel lol

Congrats!!!!! It's a beaut!!

If you have any questions or need parts or wanna start a 90/110 badass MC then let me know:cool:

Congrats!!!!! It's a beaut!!

If you have any questions or need parts or wanna start a 90/110 badass MC then let me know:cool:

thanks! Just got finished my safety @ RoseyToes so I'm ready to ride!!!! The "Mario Karting" in this vid (5 minute 25 second mark) makes me think I won't be any less of a hooligan on this bike than my te450, so bring on the MC club and group "downtown mario karting", I'M IN lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVvNWmDXRvQ#t=5m25s

I took a CT70 around a motocross track many years ago. I can honestly say that the suspension was completely outmatched by almost everything on the track. Hell of a lot of fun though.

Back
Top Bottom