Newbie Again | GTAMotorcycle.com

Newbie Again

Grasshoper

ISO advice, recommendation, rides :)

Newbie again because the last time I rode my bike was over 7 years ago in which at that point I was a newbie, my first season ;) Had bought a Ninja 250 to start with, took a fall on the Gardiner and 2 wks later bought a CBR 600, lol go big eh yea CRAZZZYYY!!! However the bike was being given at an awesome price, irresistible actually and I purchased it. I didn't get to enjoy much of riding my 600 because we just can't ride all year long here and I ended up going back home to Central America shortly winter approached. So long story short is that I am back in Toronto 7 years later and would like to know what would be the best things to get done to my bike as far as restoring it because it has not been ridden in the amount of time I have been gone for which is a bit over 7 years. Someone quoted me the following:

Oil Change $140
Battery $220 (says my bike battery is not cheap)
Towing $80 (because my back is out of Toronto to take to their shop)

Are these quotes about right?

Asides from that can someone recommend a locksmith I would need a key made to my bike but from the ignition, my key was misplaced throughout the years :(
I'm guessing I would need to purchase tires too and depending how my brakes are those as well. Have to take a look at the chain to consider that as well
What else would need to be done?

Is there a one stop shop for what I may need, a restoring of my bike to good riding conditions?

Newbie Again, thx :)

ISO advice, recommendation, rides :)

Newbie again because the last time I rode my bike was over 7 years ago in which at that point I was a newbie, my first season ;) Had bought a Ninja 250 to start with, took a fall on the Gardiner and 2 wks later bought a CBR 600, lol go big eh yea CRAZZZYYY!!! However the bike was being given at an awesome price, irresistible actually and I purchased it. I didn't get to enjoy much of riding my 600 because we just can't ride all year long here and I ended up going back home to Central America shortly winter approached. So long story short is that I am back in Toronto 7 years later and would like to know what would be the best things to get done to my bike as far as restoring it because it has not been ridden in the amount of time I have been gone for which is a bit over 7 years. Someone quoted me the following:

Oil Change $140
Battery $220 (says my bike battery is not cheap)
Towing $80 (because my back is out of Toronto to take to their shop)

Are these quotes about right?

Asides from that can someone recommend a locksmith I would need a key made to my bike but from the ignition, my key was misplaced throughout the years :(
I'm guessing I would need to purchase tires too and depending how my brakes are those as well. Have to take a look at the chain to consider that as well
What else would need to be done?

Is there a one stop shop for what I may need, a restoring of my bike to good riding conditions?

Newbie Again, thx :)

Why not just change your own oil and battery. That would take like 10 minutes to do

Oil- 30-50$
Filter- 10-15$
Battery- depends but a yuasa would be my choice

I'd also clean and lube chain and do fresh coolant and brake fluid

Also I'd get an insurance quote before putting any money into that bike

Last edited:
Message "Frekeyguy" on this forum. He'll fix you up and have it ready to go in no time, for a great price.
I definitely agree that you need to price insurance before going any further, you may be shocked.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

If you still rockin the 250 you'll be alright, if you got the 600 ask for insurance, you might not able to afford it

Newbie here doesn't know how to change her own oil :confused: need to learn wouldn't mind doing it myself. Will look into the insurance spooky to see what it would be.

Back
Top Bottom