Suzuki Recalls | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suzuki Recalls

-Maverick-

Where are you guys taking your Suzuki bikes for recalls. So far I've read nothing but bad reviews for service at most of the local dealers and actually opted out of the GSX-R master cylinder recall due to fearing someone screwing up one of my bikes. Where are you guys having good / professional recall work done without fear of getting your bike back in worse shape than when it went in? Does anyone know where Mark Ferraria is working these days? He's the only mechanic I would let touch one of my motorcycles.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I know snow city gets a ton of the master cylinder recall jobs. These days they have a good line up of techs so it's the only shop that i will ever take my bike.

I took my bike to Snow City for some work last year. I was impressed with their service to be honest which came as a pleasant surprise. I rarely take my vehicles to a dealer for servicing.

St Onge Recreation in Barrie is very good but they are also very busy. I do my own maintenance but for warranty work I'd definitely go to them. I also buy all my parts from them for my kawasaki. They are a Suzuki, kawasaki, yamaha, can am and seadoo dealer.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

It's not complicated to do a brake job.
If they wont give you the cylinder/part then have them do it, go home and bleed the system again.

St Onge Recreation in Barrie is very good but they are also very busy. I do my own maintenance but for warranty work I'd definitely go to them. I also buy all my parts from them for my kawasaki. They are a Suzuki, kawasaki, yamaha, can am and seadoo dealer.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
They are near me but the Google reviews on them are bad. Refer to the mechanics as "monkeys."

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It's not complicated to do a brake job.
If they wont give you the cylinder/part then have them do it, go home and bleed the system again.
Indeed. Or just buy a Brembo master cylinder. I thought of this as well. But the bike has two other outstanding recalls.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I did my M. Cyl recall at snow city. I was thoroughly impressed with the level of work they did. I have alot of wires on my bike. They were back where it was. No air in the system too. I have SS lines so I can feel small amounts of air

I took my bike to Snow City for some work last year. I was impressed with their service to be honest which came as a pleasant surprise. I rarely take my vehicles to a dealer for servicing.

Good luck with Snow City for any getting any type of work done.

I went by the service dept on Wed since my check engine light came on. Lady at the counter told me that the 1st available appointment for someone to scan the OBD II port was 2 weeks from now.

Went to GP, was in and out in 20min.

Been to Snow City 4 times in the past to try and have service done, and have NEVER been able to get in due to wait times.

They either need more mechanics to deal with the volume, or quicker mechanics...

nobody takes the bike in from nov to mar while the techs are sorting euchre skills. Could have something to do with them being so friggin busy in may.

Pretty sure one of the 3 techs i saw washing jet skis in the shop could have taken 5 minutes to plug in my bike to a code reader, told me the code and I could have been on my way.

Hell, you can scan the damn bike in the parking lot. OBD port is under the driver seat.

I don't run a shop, nor claim to know how to run one, but just sayin.

I wonder if calling Suzuki Canada would get you the parts? I haven't noticed anything wrong with the brakes... I really don't want any of these hacks touching my bikes.

Last edited:
I used to take my bike to Asseltines for warranty or recall work. They were A1....not sure whats happening with them now, something about closing or selling.

I wonder if calling Suzuki Canada would get you the parts? I haven't noticed anything wrong with the brakes... I really don't want any of these hacks touching my bikes.

TRy, call them but I think for insurance reasons they will have a shop do it.

As I recall, they are fixing the MC, RR, and I think the chain guide or something in that area.
Those are easy things and pretty much plug and play.
If you are getting your rectifier replaced, do not mount it back in the stock place if it is above the headers.
Go home and google it, you can move it to the side like the 2008+ bikes.
You can use the stock mount and modify it a but to make it fit or order one online.

These things are basic services. The shops have done them enough to do them in their sleep.

TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR BIKE AND VIDEO IN THE PARKING LOT AND INSPECT BIKE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE SHOP.

Back
Top Bottom