News: G&M | 2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

News: G&M | 2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS

thats another thing, always felt in addition to making boring bikes, they overprice them....

Like charging 15k for a vfr800...

Maybe you're a tycoon and this will be old hat for you but could you supply a comprehensive list of every expense to make a donut? I mean a serious donut, not Tim Hortons. Well, multiply that by the k constant and you have your OTD on a VFR800. All of a sudden it looks like a bargain amirite.

Last edited:
Re: News: G&M | 2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS

Maybe you're a tycoon and this will be old hat for you but could you supply a comprehensive list of every expense to make a donut? I mean a serious donut, not Tim Hortons. Well, multiply that by the k constant and you have your OTD on a VFR800. All of a sudden it looks a a bargain amirite.
This can be applied to the rest of hondas lineup, not just the VFR, the cb300/500s have been around for a minute, why charge 7 grand for a 'rebel' when your essentially copy pasting the drivetrain from the other bikes? Hardly any R&D costs, tool and die costs and others involved. I go by a simple smiles-to-dollar ratio, why drop 15k for a slow, modest vfr when you can get an fz-10 for that much?

If your in the market for a competent sport tourer id get the gsxs 1000, its cheaper and a lot more fun(2005 gsxr1000 engine)

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

This can be applied to the rest of hondas lineup, not just the VFR, the cb300/500s have been around for a minute, why charge 7 grand for a 'rebel' when your essentially copy pasting the drivetrain from the other bikes? Hardly any R&D costs, tool and die costs and others involved. I go by a simple smiles-to-dollar ratio, why drop 15k for a slow, modest vfr when you can get an fz-10 for that much?

If your in the market for a competent sport tourer id get the gsxs 1000, its cheaper and a lot more fun(2005 gsxr1000 engine)

You know how when you miss handle the shower taps and suffer an extended blasting of ice cold water while you refumble the mixture? That's what it felt like consuming your post regarding the inflated cost of a VFR800. Because I say stupid **** like that all the time, it pains me to see that reflected in the virtual mirror. Ouch.

You know how when you miss handle the shower taps and suffer an extended blasting of ice cold water while you refumble the mixture? That's what it felt like consuming your post regarding the inflated cost of a VFR800. Because I say stupid **** like that all the time, it pains me to see that reflected in the virtual mirror. Ouch.
Atleast you agree that the cost of the vfr is inflated

Atleast you agree that the cost of the vfr is inflated

We can agree to agree because neither of us are highly placed Honda executives. We don't know, we can't know heck they wouldn't even give Alan Cathcart the compression ratio of the 1987 Paul Ricard endurance round running NR750 even tho it only lasted 3 hrs. The bike I mean. The race was 24hrs. I think that puts it into perspective.

Back
Top Bottom