News: G&M | 2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS | GTAMotorcycle.com

News: G&M | 2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS

Blacked out and looks like the are repurposing cbr signals. Honda stands to make a tidy profit on these imo

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

They look great IMO. If only they scaled them up 10% for the north-of-200lbs crowd.

This product will not fly with anybody still sporting pubic hair.

This product will not fly with anybody still sporting pubic hair.

lolwat?

I don't like the look. I'm admittedly not a cruiser guy, but the style on this seems weird to me. Seems to look really tall in the middle and small everywhere else. Like a skinny-fat person laying on their back.

They look great IMO. If only they scaled them up 10% for the north-of-200lbs crowd.

Assuming power scales linearly with size, adding 10% to 45 hp (first number I saw online) won't make a big difference for heavier riders :D

Please elaborate. I didn't see anything in the article, or in the photos, that hinted at such. What does pubic hair say about someone? That they are human?

The seat height is listed in millimetres.

The bike has a very strong visual presence most likely by design as to to evoke strong and passionate responses. Let's face it the trio of Honda 500's already in play covered all the pragmatic bases within there design scope but hot diggity this little beast gets the juices flowing. Is it a 90% styling exercise/10% function vehicle aimed at snowflakes? Who knows? Reminds me of 1980's Magna.

Now you're slagging Magnas?!?
There was nothing wrong with a Magna. Twas a great power cruiser.

This thing, I agree is a twinky bike. Absolutely nothing new, just a styling exercise... and not a very good one at that....
Maybe they should advertise it as "Non Gluten" or "Free Range".

Meh they took the cbr300/500 engines and put them in a cruiser frame
If your a beginner and want a cruiser then get them. Or a used ninja, atleast that one wont top out at 8000 revs.

It's going to be a hit. Sooner or later, a dealership will hit upon the idea to put a black tape X on the headlight and they will be sold out and on a waiting list.

Meh they took the cbr300/500 engines and put them in a cruiser frame...

I've got no issues with manufacturers reusing their existing, and reliable powerplants. Not everyone wants to have a power rangers bike. Those that have short legs have issues with the CBR heights, so this is an option. I just don't see someone riding this bike being...a Rebel.

I've got no issues with manufacturers reusing their existing, and reliable powerplants. Not everyone wants to have a power rangers bike. Those that have short legs have issues with the CBR heights, so this is an option. I just don't see someone riding this bike being...a Rebel.
Just wish honda would take more risks instead of always playing it safe, and boring...the 'conservative' japanese manufacturer

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I just don't see someone riding this bike being...a Rebel.

Isn't it ironic; dontcha think?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Just wish honda would take more risks instead of always playing it safe, and boring...the 'conservative' japanese manufacturer

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Honda has has taken many risks over the years. Oval pistons, fuel tank under engine, DN-01, Rune, Fury and others I can't think of at the moment because raging.

I would rather buy a used Iron 883 than an imposter for $7000.

thats another thing, always felt in addition to making boring bikes, they overprice them....

Like charging 15k for a vfr800...

I like what they're going for, nice to see new metal in this segment instead of a half century old machine that the tooling just won't die on, etc

I still think it's ugly as sin and would try to scrape together the extra G for a Vulcan S or something

Back
Top Bottom