Motorcycle Rental | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Rental

JollyGreenGiant

Hello guys & gals

Does anyone here know where I can rent motorcycles, I really need to rent one to do my M license this summer.
Please refer me to one, I would really appreciated guys.

Thank you

Last edited:
Why rent? Plenty of cheap bikes out there at the bottom of their depreciation scale, which means you can own it temporarily and get your money back later, or even shine it up and try to turn a profit.

Why rent? Plenty of cheap bikes out there at the bottom of their depreciation scale, which means you can own it temporarily and get your money back later, or even shine it up and try to turn a profit.

I have a friend coming back from Hong Kong for 2 weeks to take his M so it doesn't expire (M2). There's one legit scenario.

There's a few advertised on kijiji in the Toronto Ares

Sent from my X5max_PRO using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Be careful with this plan. I have had a drive test instructor ask to see ownership before and how I came to be driving the vehicle. Telling them you rented a bike without valid insurance from someone on Kijiji probably won't make them happy.

I would stick with a proper business that rents bikes. Rent the smallest two wheeled vehicle they have (cheaper to rent and easier to pass).

It's not instructor's business to check the ownership. They are not police.
They are supposed to check if the bike is road worthy, that's it.

Apparently they were concerned about valid insurance. In that particular case I was in an unmarked rental car, they wanted to make sure I was a listed driver on the paperwork. I can't comment on whether this was correct or not, but they have you by the short and curlys. If you say it's not their business, they will walk.

I have to agree with JTR on this one. Buying a bike for the least amount of money possible would probably be the best way to go.
Ensure it's certified before you buy it so you don't get stuck with a big repair bill to make it roadworthy.
You can get used to it in time for the test and once licenced you have a bike to ride.
You'll know when your ready to move up. I wouldn't count on turning a profit however.

It's not instructor's business to check the ownership. They are not police.
They are supposed to check if the bike is road worthy, that's it.

AFAIK they are fully within their rights to check for insurance at the very least as "properly licenced and insured" is part of the requirements.

When the pink doesn't match the name of the person doing the test then it could just lead to more questions...however in the end, if the bike is properly registered, plated, and insured, it shouldn't much matter.

油井緋色;2496395 said:
Anyone know how well these things handle? I almost want to rent one....and go to a track lol

The back end gets loose really easy under power (they fishtail like crazy under hard acceleration) and I've heard they are horribly uncomfortable to sit in because the seats only have a thin layer of foam on plastic basically.

Not sure about their handling (YouTube would probably yield some insightful videos) but I'd never buy one personally as their practicality is questionable.

You need to wear helmets while driving them as well as they're classified as motorcycles.

There are several instructors on Kijiji who provide lessons + motorcycle rental (usually 125-250cc) motorcycles. I did that last year, took the test on a 225cc dual sport and passed it without issues.

Sent from my LG-D852 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

The back end gets loose really easy under power (they fishtail like crazy under hard acceleration) and I've heard they are horribly uncomfortable to sit in because the seats only have a thin layer of foam on plastic basically.

Not sure about their handling (YouTube would probably yield some insightful videos) but I'd never buy one personally as their practicality is questionable.

You need to wear helmets while driving them as well as they're classified as motorcycles.
Hence why I'd like to rent his and play for a day. No way will I ever consider buying one lol.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Would taking it to the track be considered "off road" by insurance?
Definitely. Insurance will not cover any vehicle crashed on a track AFAIK.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom