Motorcycle Rental | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Rental

Correct me if I'm wrong but I see nothing mentioned about insurance, nor ownership anywhere on the official website.

https://www.drivetest.ca/tests/road-tests-vehicle-requirements.html
https://www.drivetest.ca/tests/road-tests-motorcycles.html

I have a feeling some of you guys are being dicked around.

I'm not sure that they should really have to spell out that a properly registered and insured vehicle is part of the requirements, one would assume that would go unsaid, but just because it's not specifically listed doesn't mean they aren't within their rights to ensure such.

I guess it'll only take one person to play silly f*cker and show up with an unregistered and uninsured vehicle and then claim ignorance (because it wasn't spoonfed as a requirement on their website) before they'll add it.

Considering it's law to operate a properly licensed and insured vehicle, it doesn't have to be outlined specifically to take the road test.

If you can't operate it legally, it's a no go for the road test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent some time in India and Nepal.
You can rent a sport bike or cruiser there for about $10-25/day. Much cheaper for scooters. No insurance or drivers license necessary. In fact, they don't even look, lol.
Thailand and Vietnam scooters are about $3/day. $10+ for bike

Good few resources on here... anyone know of a scooter rental company? Can't shift, and can't put heavy weight on the foot but scooters would be a good alternative to be mobile. (our car is standard too and trying to find an alternative to renting a automatic car)

Good few resources on here... anyone know of a scooter rental company? Can't shift, and can't put heavy weight on the foot but scooters would be a good alternative to be mobile. (our car is standard too and trying to find an alternative to renting a automatic car)

I drove a standard car for months with a really bad left ankle sprain. I never had to use my left leg, but in an emergency it was available. It takes a little getting used to but it wasn't actually that bad (obviously if you spend much time driving in heavy traffic, this won't work nearly as well). Have you tried driving the car in a safe place (eg empty parking lot).

I drove a standard car for months with a really bad left ankle sprain. I never had to use my left leg, but in an emergency it was available. It takes a little getting used to but it wasn't actually that bad (obviously if you spend much time driving in heavy traffic, this won't work nearly as well). Have you tried driving the car in a safe place (eg empty parking lot).
I have. A lot. Problem is i will have to deal with stop n go. And although i'm pretty comfortable driving the car even in stop and go (almost feels like when i switch from summer to winter boots), if i get in an accident, insurance won't cover me. Physio warned me, the booklet for the walking boot warned me and for the purpose of what i need it for, wifey warned me haha. And it's just not worth the risk. People who get similar injuries to their right leg get their license "suspended" until they're cleared... standards are just not that common so they don't even bother to ask (and rely on the person's common sense). It's a torn achilles so had it been a sprain, no problem but this one is a little more serious and takes longer.

Buying a cheap used scooter would be cheaper than renting a car longer term.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Buying a cheap used scooter would be cheaper than renting a car longer term.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
basically. but it's probably only gonna be for a month or so. and i dont know how the scooter market is but i don't know how easy it would be to sell one either.

Back
Top Bottom