Bombardier transit and the TTC | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bombardier transit and the TTC

Great comprehensive and investigative article on it. What a fiasco.
http://projects.thestar.com/bombardier-ttc/

Amazing to see Bombardier get financial aid over $1 billion from various canadian governments recently, then the executive voted to increase their pay packages by 50% and cut thousands of jobs. Gives new meaning to tone deaf.

Clearly no one cares not even the tax payers and the politicians.
What's another lost billion.

Its not that i dont care, I just have no idea what I would do with or about it. The levels of brazen greed and apparent incompetence are beyond me.

Any Government bail out should have come with a condition that the current directors stand down. I don't know why some of these big Québécois families are "untouchable".

Any Government bail out should have come with a condition that the current directors stand down. I don't know why some of these big Québécois families are "untouchable".

uhm seriously, this explains your lack of depth on other topics
let me take a stab at splaining for you
they control the politicians and are well connected
Bombardier and their pals own Quebec.

uhm seriously, this explains your lack of depth on other topics
let me take a stab at splaining for you
they control the politicians and are well connected
Bombardier and their pals own Quebec.

So they should be untouchable then? I know what they are...I don't think in this day and age there should be dynasties.

So they should be untouchable then? I know what they are...I don't think in this day and age there should be dynasties.

again...WUT!!!
Dude, seriously some of your other posts/thoughts are oblivious but this one is headed for the podium.

Let's look at the obvious dynasty.
Who is the PM?
And tell us exactly how he was/is the most qualified to be PM.
If his last name was Smith...would he be the PM.

I read the article, having worked in manufacturing a loooong time ago , I cant imagine getting parts from Mexico with 50% fail rates on welding and seeing sledgehammers come out in the assembly shop to 'fit stuff' , then finding 3000 connectors per vehicle that didn't get crimped properly. The fines and penalties to sub contractors supplying faulty parts should be in the millions.

Makes you really want to get on a bombardier aircraft....

again...WUT!!!
Dude, seriously some of your other posts/thoughts are oblivious but this one is headed for the podium.

Let's look at the obvious dynasty.
Who is the PM?
And tell us exactly how he was/is the most qualified to be PM.
If his last name was Smith...would he be the PM.

I'm sorry but you're actually making my point.

i think AirCan has C series on order from a 2016 contract, I'm pretty sure Porter has a few in service.

Can the gov't just do a contract with a single supplier? As a government/public agency I'm sure they have some hoops to jump through in order to get that type of contract approved? I know for us we always needed 3 bids at least in order to purchase...how did they come up with the price? Was it just to piss off Bombardier? Siemens is also a supplier IIRC...

I agree with bypassing Bombardier...but I wonder how they danced around that little rule.

Same Obama did when he bailed out GM

Does Air Canada actually have any Bombardier aircraft? Don't they use Embraer instead?

i think AirCan has C series on order from a 2016 contract, I'm pretty sure Porter has a few in service.
There's hardly an major airline in the world that doesn't fly Bombardier aircraft. Their CRJs and Q400 are very good in their categories.

Porter wanted to buy some C series but that was contingent on the expansion of the island airport, which is dead in the water, pardon the pun. They only run the Q400s.

I'm not surprised Bombardier has bombed (pardon the pun part deux) with this order. They've never done anything right in my books, except for their original snowmobiles. I remember their old LRC trains that were supposed to deliver high speed rail across the Windsor-Quebec corridor in the 80s but their only two innovations, tilting cars and lightweight locomotives, both failed. And their Spider trike would be an embarrassment if it had any competition in that segment. It's a gussied up lawnmower as best I can tell.

Their successful planes weren't designed by them. The CRJ was originally created by Canadair and the Q400 is a derivative of the Dash-8 from deHavilland. Bombardier bought both companies and just evolved their designs. I never understood their successful trains until I read the article in the OP, which explains that Bombardier is effectively run out of Germany now and focused on European markets, where their products are quite good as far as I can tell. We get the garbage side of the comapny with all the nepotism and jurassic management

With all that in mind and learning that they were producing in Mexico, it was a perfect storm for this kind of outcome. I kniw from experience that any company that moves its production to Mexico needs to run an extremely tight ship in QC or they will get their reputation torn to shreds.

Back
Top Bottom