Bombardier transit and the TTC | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bombardier transit and the TTC

http://www.bnn.ca/bombardier-delivers-first-cs300-aircraft-1.762484

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_CSeries
Airways News believe that a substantial 65 to 70% discount off the $71.8 million list price was provided making the final sale at $24.6–28.7 million price per aircraft; this large order from a major carrier could help Bombardier to break the Boeing/Airbus duopoly on narrowbody aircraft.

<snip>

Boeing had to offer United Airlines very low prices for the 737-700 to undercut Bombardier, affecting the pricing of the MAX 7 and cascading on the rest of the 737 MAX family, threatening its future and ultimately the US aerospace industry.

google "aviation parts made in mexico"

Last edited:
I'm not surprised Bombardier has bombed (pardon the pun part deux) with this order. They've never done anything right in my books, except for their original snowmobiles. I remember their old LRC trains that were supposed to deliver high speed rail across the Windsor-Quebec corridor in the 80s but their only two innovations, tilting cars and lightweight locomotives, both failed. And their Spider trike would be an embarrassment if it had any competition in that segment. It's a gussied up lawnmower as best I can tell.
IIRC the trains and planes are made by a different company than the snowmobiles and spyder-trikes, the later being BRP which is owned by the Bombardier family

IIRC the trains and planes are made by a different company than the snowmobiles and spyder-trikes, the later being BRP which is owned by the Bombardier family
Yeah they have three branches I believe. Bombardier Recreational Products, Bombardier Aerospace, and Bombardier Transport (trains). It's all the same s*t. Except the stuff run out of Germany, it seems.

Yeah they have three branches I believe. Bombardier Recreational Products, Bombardier Aerospace, and Bombardier Transport (trains). It's all the same s*t. Except the stuff run out of Germany, it seems.

BRP is not a branch of Bombardier Inc. They were spun off but kept rights to the Bombardier name

Can someone explain why Canada couldn't dominate this industry.
We have a smart population. We know how to work together. The Govt. bails them out.
So where are all these jobs?

Can someone explain why Canada couldn't dominate this industry.
We have a smart population. We know how to work together. The Govt. bails them out.
So where are all these jobs?
The big article
explained that all the jobs are now in Europe. There was an exodus within bombardier transportation when they acquired their Euro branch which caused most of the talent to go out there... and then well... theyre making most of their transportation (non air) out in europe

I'm not surprised Bombardier has bombed (pardon the pun part deux) with this order. They've never done anything right in my books, except for their original snowmobiles.
One more reason to hate Bombardier Canada: "Bombardier, a CERBA member connected with Russian state-owned enterprises, has lobbied hard in Ottawa to remove Russian sanction"
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2017/07/16/the-connections-between-donald-trump-jr-russia-and-canada.html

Keep in mind Russia is run like a crime syndicate, with Putin as the Mob boss.
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/28/53980...rrifying-and-complex-picture-of-putins-russia

Last edited:
More to do with the Unions probably

That's what happens when you're sucking on the government teat.

Also they partnered up with Airbus today, who now owns 50.01% of C-Series revenues in exchange for their sales and production expertise. But somehow no money changed hands so as I understand it the Canadian government won't see any of its investment come to fruition as a result of this deal.

Thanks Obama.

Last edited:
Also they partnered up with Airbus, who now owns 50.01% of C-Series revenues in exchange for their sales and production expertise. But somehow no money changed hands so as I understand it the Canadian government won't see any of its investment come to fruition as a result of this deal.

Thanks Obama.

Yea, interesting.. Looks like the Quebec Govnt goes from a 49.5% stake to 19%, but BBD goes from 50.5% to 31%. It smells a little off to me, but I'm uneducated on how these things work

I don't have a horse in this race, I disliked both BBD and Boeing for all the obvious reasons. Boeing hit hard but I have to admit BBD played smart, seems like a good move. It's hard to sell a plane when customers aren't sure if the maker will exist in a few years. Now with Airbus comes much more confidence.

An extra knife in the chest would be if the Canadian government doesn't buy the Boeing fighter jets

Also they partnered up with Airbus today, who now owns 50.01% of C-Series revenues in exchange for their sales and production expertise. But somehow no money changed hands so as I understand it the Canadian government won't see any of its investment come to fruition as a result of this deal.

Thanks Obama.

I saw that too. BBD was bragging that this should double the value of the C-Series program. That brings QC back to ~800 Million if you believe anything BBD says. Someone in QC must have signed off on the dilution right? All of them need a severe beating about the head. How do you invest 1 Billion for 50%, then half gets sold for 0 and your share drops to 20% of the diluted company? Shocking.

Does this deal get them around the tariffs imposed by the US?

Yes. Airbus has a plant in the states. The tariff states that it does not apply to domestically assembled planes. Therefore the deal eliminates tariff completely.

I guess boeing will now put tail between legs... for now. Honestly though, the aero division and transit division are completely different.

I don't think we should 'mix them up' lol

Yea, interesting.. Looks like the Quebec Govnt goes from a 49.5% stake to 19%, but BBD goes from 50.5% to 31%. It smells a little off to me, but I'm uneducated on how these things work

I don't have a horse in this race, I disliked both BBD and Boeing for all the obvious reasons. Boeing hit hard but I have to admit BBD played smart, seems like a good move. It's hard to sell a plane when customers aren't sure if the maker will exist in a few years. Now with Airbus comes much more confidence.

An extra knife in the chest would be if the Canadian government doesn't buy the Boeing fighter jets

19% of something is way better than 49.5% of nothing!

Back
Top Bottom