Your goto for stuff? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your goto for stuff?

Any shops in York Region (Richmond Hill) to buy oil and air filters? I haven't seen any in the big box stores.

I'm not 100% sure but there's a garage nearby my home. Give Kaz @ Wrenchwerx a call

Have seen multiple recommendations for Speedworx in Markham, they're in Mccowan and Hwy7

I just bought a tail tidy from SpeedWorx in Markham. I just called in to see if they had the one I wanted, he did not, but he ordered it and it arrived same day before the end of day. The price was higher than online by about $15, but I got it the same day and was able to install it on my own the next day. I hate waiting for stuff. I usually call a few places and this store is the best priced from what I have experienced from a cold call. The bike looks so much nicer without all the clunky crap at the back.

I would go to a local shop if it were at all convenient. Finding a couple hours to fight traffic in this city to actually get to the shop, find someone who actually knows what Im trying to do or what I'm trying to find, and then waiting while they look up where they can order it from, then having to come all the way back in a few days or a few weeks, then you find out they ordered the wrong thing or its the wrong size and I cant take it back because I had to prepay for them to even place the order... why bother, I can just order online myself.

If a local shop wants to pretend its still 1988 and refuse to have an online presence while basically acting like a sears catalogue store... Whats the point in supporting them? Its a bad business model in this day and age.

This. I buy all my general maintenance items (filters, oils etc.) from the dealer but that's about it. They refuse to evolve so that's their problem not mine.

Buying tires this season solidified my online shopping even more. I tried to buy local, called all of the shops in my area.

They all wanted nearly $500+install. I was able to buy the same set of tires from Pete's Superbikes and have them installed ON my bike (by the same shop), for less than they wanted for the tires alone.

Had they been a bit more reasonable instead of trying to make $225 on top of whatever Pete is making on the tires they would have got my business. I'm loyal but I'm not crazy.

FortNine has been great, $7 returns really can't be beat (aside from if it was free of course lol). I wish their selection at times was a little bit better on certain things, but I guess they can't stock everything.

I'll continue to spend my money at GP Bikes. They always beat F9 and Pete's on tires.

via Tapatalk

Look up motodynanics.... tidy tail about $80 for your bike. Had one one the r3.... combine it with the led tail light....looks , works great

I will say I had great service at GP Bikes earlier this year during their No Tax Event. Mary Anne was amazing, spent quite a bit with me to ensure I was happy with the gear I was buying; very knowledgeable.

They are quite a ways from me which is too bad as their gear selection is great.

I'll continue to spend my money at GP Bikes. They always beat F9 and Pete's on tires.

via Tapatalk

EBay for tail tidy. Careful tho, it's the excuse cops are using to pull over sportbikes or sportbike look-alikes. The plate must be the last thing sticking out at the rear of the bike.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Fortnine
Blue Streak Racing
Twisted Throttle

I was burned once with Twisted Throttle. I thought it was a Canadian site, it is a .ca domain. I ordered some LED lights and was wonderfully surprised to find some brokerage and duty fees on top of the shipping I already paid Twisted Throttle. There was no warning, no anything that this would be the case and not something I would have ever have thought to check as it was again coming from a .ca website.

This was about 4 years ago or so, maybe things have changed, but left a sour taste in my mouth and not shopping there anymore.

FortNine does seem to be the best we have in Canada.

^^^^
Odd.
They are in Ontario.
I didn't get hit with anything other than hst and shipping.

^^^^
Odd.
They are in Ontario.
I didn't get hit with anything other than hst and shipping.
Twisted throttle only came to Ontario a few years ago. They bought out Avicious Cycle in New Dundee.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom