Your goto for stuff? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your goto for stuff?

try FortNine, always great to deal with

Fortnine
Blue Streak Racing
Twisted Throttle

Go into your local shop. Keep them in business. You may need them one day and they will not be there

All 3 options I listed are Canadian retailers.
Always prefer to buy local. Save money on shipping, and the exchange rates right now are bruuuuuutal

I made one for my GF's, used the factory fender with some cutting and a few custom brackets, turned out amazing!

I message the member TwoWheelMotorsport (forum rep for the store in Guelph).

Kawi stuff I used to get OEM from Thailand for 1/3 of the price of here including shipping and it would come faster than going to my local dealer.

AF1 Racing in the US for a lot of my Aprilia stuff, as well.

Maybe, but you are possibly getting knock offs. Even the packaging looks identical. Do not even get me started on cheap bearings. Some things you get what you pay for. Go to your local guy bring a coffee with you, shoot the ****, maybe swing a deal. Don't like him or that shop go to one you do like. I would not buy Tylenol from a guys van, why would I do the same for any other product? The company I work for gets sued all the time from people who bought a knock off, you cant even see a difference until they look at it in a lab and its made with all kinds of weird stuff...

Last edited:
I'm sorry but when my local shop quotes me $200.00 for a tire that I can order on-line for under $135.00 including free delivery, I'm not shopping local.

Its that very reason local shops have to charge more. That fine its your choice as a consumer. One shop with over head servicing a small area vs one shop online shipping country wide. But if you ever need that last min part one day to get your awesome weekend adventure on the road you will wish you had a good shop to bail you out. Overnight/2-day is all your online can ever support you. Ever go to the shop and see if they would match the price or work out a deal? I would rather pay more and help out the local guys you may even ride with and talk to here on this very site. Or heck maybe for the $200 the shop may have installed that tire for you. I grew up farming and am a firm believer in keeping it local.

But if you ever need that last min part one day to get your awesome weekend adventure on the road you will wish you had a good shop to bail you out. Overnight/2-day is all your online can ever support you.

Nice idea, but unless its something basic like an oil filter, odds are that your local shop will also have to order it in.

Also check out Gnarly Parts. They're in BC, but shipping isn't an issue. Free over $45.

I use TwoWheelMotorsport which is on this forum and based in Guelph. They have given me great prices in the past, and the orders are quick and easy. Highly recommend.

I also purchase things from Riders Choice in Mississauga, mostly just Dainese gear.

Its that very reason local shops have to charge more. That fine its your choice as a consumer. One shop with over head servicing a small area vs one shop online shipping country wide. But if you ever need that last min part one day to get your awesome weekend adventure on the road you will wish you had a good shop to bail you out. Overnight/2-day is all your online can ever support you. Ever go to the shop and see if they would match the price or work out a deal? I would rather pay more and help out the local guys you may even ride with and talk to here on this very site. Or heck maybe for the $200 the shop may have installed that tire for you. I grew up farming and am a firm believer in keeping it local.

Don't worry, by the time they pay to have it installed they save $10.

You're beating your head against the wall trying to convince anyone on here that going to a local shop is a good idea. If they can save $3.68 they'll buy it online. Soon there won't be any brick and mortar stores left and you'll have to stock a spare bike in your garage just in case. The online buyers don't care because they'll just order it and wait until it shows up while taking the bus.

Buy a tire from your local shop in early May and they can probably squeeze in installation soon.

Walk in with a tire you bought online and ask for installation and maybe they can do it for you in late June.

Don't worry, by the time they pay to have it installed they save $10.

You're beating your head against the wall trying to convince anyone on here that going to a local shop is a good idea. If they can save $3.68 they'll buy it online. Soon there won't be any brick and mortar stores left and you'll have to stock a spare bike in your garage just in case. The online buyers don't care because they'll just order it and wait until it shows up while taking the bus.

I buy online because I can order whatever I need at 3am. Which local shops are open at 3am, or even on a sunday? Which local shops have what I need in stock and arent just ordering out of a distributor magazine anyway?

I would go to a local shop if it were at all convenient. Finding a couple hours to fight traffic in this city to actually get to the shop, find someone who actually knows what Im trying to do or what I'm trying to find, and then waiting while they look up where they can order it from, then having to come all the way back in a few days or a few weeks, then you find out they ordered the wrong thing or its the wrong size and I cant take it back because I had to prepay for them to even place the order... why bother, I can just order online myself.

If a local shop wants to pretend its still 1988 and refuse to have an online presence while basically acting like a sears catalogue store... Whats the point in supporting them? Its a bad business model in this day and age.

Buy a tire from your local shop in early May and they can probably squeeze in installation soon.

Walk in with a tire you bought online and ask for installation and maybe they can do it for you in late June.

Roll up to rosey toes and ted can do it in 30-60 minutes no matter the day, they dont care if youre buying the tire there or not, they make the money on the installation anyway.

Stock from the dealer for stuff like that. Motorcycle brake, tail, and signal lights are hard enough to see at the best of times. There's no reason to turn it into a guessing game as well.

Back
Top Bottom