Turn Signals - GRRR! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turn Signals - GRRR!

HespelerGuy

Site Supporter
Got my first bike in 30 years yesterday. A 2013 Vulcan 900.

Why can I not remember to turn off the signal lights after turning?? I put the indicator on well before the turn, then after going through the turn, my mind goes to mush and I forget to shut the damn thing off. 2 or 3 kms down the road I notice it's still blinking.

Can I not connect the turn indicator to the battery and each time I forget to shut it off - it gives me a jolt? That'd get me remembering to shut them off.

Anyone else suffer from this?

Rick

It'll come.

No one taught in the MSF class how to turn them off.....didnt really learn till i started getting some seat time

Still happens to me sometimes. I see all of my friends still doing it as well lol. Just get in the habit of mashing that cancel button.

It comes with time, but you can also buy flasher replacement modules that will auto cancel your signals after a configurable amount of time.

I'm probably abnormal but I seem to have developed a bit of a "tic" in my left-thumb where I hit the cancel button fairly frequently in town. :)

Try to get into the habit of looking down at your cluster once every 5-10 seconds to scan for speed, warning lights etc; the blinking indicator light/LED may catch your eye and remind you.

Train yourself to make the turn and as soon as you shift up a gear hit the signal light cancel

I'm probably abnormal but I seem to have developed a bit of a "tic" in my left-thumb where I hit the cancel button fairly frequently in town. :)

Try to get into the habit of looking down at your cluster once every 5-10 seconds to scan for speed, warning lights etc; the blinking indicator light/LED may catch your eye and remind you.

I'm like that too, I click my cancel button at least once every minute or so. Its just a habit I can't get out of. Yesterday on my route I had 2 left turns before i got to the road I was headed to, I tried telling myself I only had to push the cancel 2 times in the next 15 minutes. I probably pushed it 50 times. I've got one of those hamster-length memories.

Haha I've also trained myself to hit cancel every few minutes by habit. My whole first ride I couldn't figure out how to cancel them lol next couple rides I kept forgetting, and since then I made it a habit to just hit it every few minutes. I don't look at my cluster much, speedo needle is broken, don't need a tach, I tend to keep my eyes up.

Back
Top Bottom