Street triple integrated tail light install | GTAMotorcycle.com

Street triple integrated tail light install

ajaxguy

So I bought this https://www.amazon.com/Krator-TailL...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3F6NGHTNEM44QWRRHDXB for my triple and went to put it on last night, now got to all the hookups and it says its plug and play.

So I just unplugged my stock light and plug this one in and yes it lights up..test the signals and they all work but I get no brake light.

I am no genius in this field but figure it would be pretty easy. I didnt splice anything yet just ran a test so I may have missed something but wondering about some help here.

So each signal has a green and black wire from stock lights

The plate light has a harness with clip that has a black and yellow wires.

Like I said the tail light itself has the plug harness which seems to be fine.

The only wires the aftermarket light has besides the plug harness is a single blue and single white wire.

What am I missing or how would you hook it all up?

Oh and I bought plate light bolts for the plate light and I assume they splice into that black and yellow harness.

Thanks in advance.

Weird that the new light has extra wires. It should be plug 'n play. If you plug in the old one does the brake light still come on? If so then you probably have a defective part. If not then something has gone wrong on the brake wiring on the bike.

Weird that the new light has extra wires. It should be plug 'n play. If you plug in the old one does the brake light still come on? If so then you probably have a defective part. If not then something has gone wrong on the brake wiring on the bike.

ya when I plug back in the stock one the brake light works perfect..was also thinking possibly a defective part.

ya when I plug back in the stock one the brake light works perfect..was also thinking possibly a defective part.
The defect (if it is defective) could be a simple thing like a lose pin in the harness. Maybe an easy fix, otherwise RMA if nobody else has a better answer.

The defect (if it is defective) could be a simple thing like a lose pin in the harness. Maybe an easy fix, otherwise RMA if nobody else has a better answer.

Ya well bought locallly at Kapsco in pickering so an easy return if i have to.

do you have a 12v test light?

get a cheap one from Crappy tire or Princess auto. Hook up the clip to ground and probe the wires coming from the bike side of the harness and find the one that lights up the test light when the brake light is applied (it should be the Green/Purple wire). Then with the new light hooked up probe the corresponding wire on the light side of the connector. If the test light comes on when you apply the brake then you know power is getting to the light and if so the light is most likely defective.

I didnt buy a tester but tried again today with just unplugging the harness as I was able to access it under the seat with minimal effort and no brake light at alll on aftermarket..has to be defective

Back
Top Bottom