Disabling ABS on 2017 R6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Disabling ABS on 2017 R6

Rob

Anyone have any good info and how to disable the ABS on 2017 R6?
PM's accepted.

Thank you!

what are you trying to do ? You just dont want abs to kick in ?

How about unplugging the wheel speed sensors ? (sorry I haven't been asked to do this yet for anyone)

what are you trying to do ? You just dont want abs to kick in ?

How about unplugging the wheel speed sensors ? (sorry I haven't been asked to do this yet for anyone)

Not sure about the R6 but on the ZX6R doing that will also eliminate your speedometer/odo from working

They do make modules specific to what he wants for the R1, not sure about the R6 but you can always see if a flash tuner can disable it also. Unfortunately on one of my bikes a flash removed it but the ABS warning light remains lit
http://www.superbikeunlimited.com/p...ecu-delete-2015-17-yamaha-yzf-r1-r1m-r1s.html

ah that is true! I didnt think about the speedo/odo not working...

That's a good module @ Superbikeunlimited.com

I wonder if new ecu's would put the bike in limp mode if they don't have a wheel speed signal.

Im not sure about other bikes but on my ZX6R's because they also have traction control, the TC also uses wheel speed sensors, so unplugging one or both will affect TC and ABS, and no speedo/odo

You can disable abs temporarily on a BMW by running the bike in gear on a wheel or Centerstand.
However this only lasts until you start the bike again. It also generates a fault code in the obd.

Last edited:
If there is a abs pump fuse the easy way is to remove the fuse. The alternative way is to get new brake lines direct from the mc to the caliper.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom